Astronautics Corporation of America’s new RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI) for helicopters is advancing to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval and the marketplace.
The RoadRunner EFI—announced during the 2016 HAI HELI-EXPO—is a form-fit-function upgrade for helicopters from electromechanical instruments and legacy EFIs to modern digital displays. The EFI provides operators enhanced safety, decreased operating costs, weight reduction, and minimal downtime for installation.
The EFI display system includes expanded flight safety capabilities with an internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS), which provides a real-time, three-dimensional rendering of the terrain in front of the helicopter.
Astronautics will begin flight trails for the new EFI in early April with STC approval expected later this year.
Dealer networks have been established with several companies in support of the RoadRunner EFI, including Aerotec, Globavia, Kitchener Aero, Southeast Aerospace, Trine Aero, and Vector Aerospace. The authorized dealers will sell and install the EFI to operators as well as serve as authorized support centers.
Vector Aerospace will display a RoadRunner EFI unit on its HELI-EXPO exhibit (booth #1612) as part of the instrument panel in an Airbus AStar helicopter.
“The RoadRunner EFI will provide helicopter operators the exceptional functionality and reliability that they need,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “Every day we are getting closer to bringing this advanced display system upgrade to the marketplace.”
RoadRunner EFI builds upon Astronautics’ history of providing the most reliable units in the industry, fully certified for the demanding helicopter environment.
- RotorSchmiede VA115 becomes first ultralight helicopter approved in Germany
- Belarusian army to get second batch of Russian Helicopters in April
- SKYe SH09 order-book hits 101 units
- Sundance Helicopters To Offer Superhero Special
- Southern North Sea support heliport being marketed for sale
- HeliOffshore launches training videos to enhance use of automation
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia
- Norway Sends out Audit on Repsol after North Sea Incident
- Helicopter Maintenance Centre between Russia and Serbia