Astronautics Corporation of America’s new RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI) for helicopters is advancing to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval and the marketplace.
The RoadRunner EFI—announced during the 2016 HAI HELI-EXPO—is a form-fit-function upgrade for helicopters from electromechanical instruments and legacy EFIs to modern digital displays. The EFI provides operators enhanced safety, decreased operating costs, weight reduction, and minimal downtime for installation.
The EFI display system includes expanded flight safety capabilities with an internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS), which provides a real-time, three-dimensional rendering of the terrain in front of the helicopter.
Astronautics will begin flight trails for the new EFI in early April with STC approval expected later this year.
Dealer networks have been established with several companies in support of the RoadRunner EFI, including Aerotec, Globavia, Kitchener Aero, Southeast Aerospace, Trine Aero, and Vector Aerospace. The authorized dealers will sell and install the EFI to operators as well as serve as authorized support centers.
Vector Aerospace will display a RoadRunner EFI unit on its HELI-EXPO exhibit (booth #1612) as part of the instrument panel in an Airbus AStar helicopter.
“The RoadRunner EFI will provide helicopter operators the exceptional functionality and reliability that they need,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “Every day we are getting closer to bringing this advanced display system upgrade to the marketplace.”
RoadRunner EFI builds upon Astronautics’ history of providing the most reliable units in the industry, fully certified for the demanding helicopter environment.
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales