Astronautics Corporation of America’s new RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI) for helicopters is advancing to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval and the marketplace.
The RoadRunner EFI—announced during the 2016 HAI HELI-EXPO—is a form-fit-function upgrade for helicopters from electromechanical instruments and legacy EFIs to modern digital displays. The EFI provides operators enhanced safety, decreased operating costs, weight reduction, and minimal downtime for installation.
The EFI display system includes expanded flight safety capabilities with an internal Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS), which provides a real-time, three-dimensional rendering of the terrain in front of the helicopter.
Astronautics will begin flight trails for the new EFI in early April with STC approval expected later this year.
Dealer networks have been established with several companies in support of the RoadRunner EFI, including Aerotec, Globavia, Kitchener Aero, Southeast Aerospace, Trine Aero, and Vector Aerospace. The authorized dealers will sell and install the EFI to operators as well as serve as authorized support centers.
Vector Aerospace will display a RoadRunner EFI unit on its HELI-EXPO exhibit (booth #1612) as part of the instrument panel in an Airbus AStar helicopter.
“The RoadRunner EFI will provide helicopter operators the exceptional functionality and reliability that they need,” said Astronautics Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy Dan Ryan. “Every day we are getting closer to bringing this advanced display system upgrade to the marketplace.”
RoadRunner EFI builds upon Astronautics’ history of providing the most reliable units in the industry, fully certified for the demanding helicopter environment.
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded