Since introducing the EC145e at HELI-EXPO in 2015, Metro Aviation has worked toward obtaining additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) to cover the spectrum of what customers may need for the aircraft. Metro, with Genesys Aerosystems, recently received an STC for the installation of the Genesys Aerosystems Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) on the EC145e (BK117 C2e).
“While the EC145e is an excellent, low cost reliable solution for the VFR utility and EMS market, we realized the need to continue to fill a market need for the EC145T1 size and price point for both domestic and international needs,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “Those needs centered primarily around the requirement for a true two-pilot instrument panel and stabilization in a reasonably priced aircraft for the 3-4 ton market.”
The EFIS as installed consists of four Integrated Display Unit (IDU) IDU-450 displays, plus accompanying sensors and avionics. Two IDU-450s are located in front of each pilot station (pilot, copilot). The IDU-450 can be configured as a Primary Flight Display (PFD), or a Multi-Function Display (MFD) depending on installation. The PFD is a perspective view display that provides forward-looking terrain, attitude, altitude, airspeed, vertical speed, direction, and Highway-in-the-Sky navigation. The MFD can display a map with waypoints, fixes, and airfields, terrain, horizontal situation indicator (HSI) or a combination thereof. In addition, the EFIS provides visual and aural warnings, cautions, and advisories for system monitoring.
This is not the first time Metro has partnered with Genesys to improve the EC145e’s offerings. In 2016, Metro received the STC for the installation of Genesys’ Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System (HeliSAS). The two-axis autopilot provides a full array of workload-reducing capabilities for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) pilots and provides situational stability should pilots encounter Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IIMC) in flight.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for Delivery of CH-53K spare parts and Labour
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Edmonton news helicopter celebrates 10 years
- OSS wins two year AW109 EMS contract in Tamil Nadu
- Ontario City looks at EMS helipad location options
- Paradise Helicopters under threat from neighbours
- Bristow starts construction of new facility at Lydd SAR base
- Volocopter to carry out test flights in Dubai in Q4
- FAA employee union opposes ATC privatisation
- Airbus reveals Racer demonstrator developed from X3
- Marenco adds non-executive Director
- Airbus picks Salesforce CRM software
- CHC Announces New Contract with Quadrant Energy
- Spectrum Health celebrates 30 years of Aero Med
- Manatee County Sheriff bids for new helicopter
- Idaho operator Timberline Helicopters moving to new base
- Mount Isa EMS helicopter updated from B230 to BK117
- India moves more armed helicopters to Chinese border
- Safran and Thai Aviation Industries to support Royal Thai Armed Forces
- SaxonAir adds two AW109SP GrandNew helicopters to charter fleet