Since introducing the EC145e at HELI-EXPO in 2015, Metro Aviation has worked toward obtaining additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) to cover the spectrum of what customers may need for the aircraft. Metro, with Genesys Aerosystems, recently received an STC for the installation of the Genesys Aerosystems Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) on the EC145e (BK117 C2e).
“While the EC145e is an excellent, low cost reliable solution for the VFR utility and EMS market, we realized the need to continue to fill a market need for the EC145T1 size and price point for both domestic and international needs,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “Those needs centered primarily around the requirement for a true two-pilot instrument panel and stabilization in a reasonably priced aircraft for the 3-4 ton market.”
The EFIS as installed consists of four Integrated Display Unit (IDU) IDU-450 displays, plus accompanying sensors and avionics. Two IDU-450s are located in front of each pilot station (pilot, copilot). The IDU-450 can be configured as a Primary Flight Display (PFD), or a Multi-Function Display (MFD) depending on installation. The PFD is a perspective view display that provides forward-looking terrain, attitude, altitude, airspeed, vertical speed, direction, and Highway-in-the-Sky navigation. The MFD can display a map with waypoints, fixes, and airfields, terrain, horizontal situation indicator (HSI) or a combination thereof. In addition, the EFIS provides visual and aural warnings, cautions, and advisories for system monitoring.
This is not the first time Metro has partnered with Genesys to improve the EC145e’s offerings. In 2016, Metro received the STC for the installation of Genesys’ Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System (HeliSAS). The two-axis autopilot provides a full array of workload-reducing capabilities for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) pilots and provides situational stability should pilots encounter Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IIMC) in flight.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills