Since introducing the EC145e at HELI-EXPO in 2015, Metro Aviation has worked toward obtaining additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) to cover the spectrum of what customers may need for the aircraft. Metro, with Genesys Aerosystems, recently received an STC for the installation of the Genesys Aerosystems Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) on the EC145e (BK117 C2e).
“While the EC145e is an excellent, low cost reliable solution for the VFR utility and EMS market, we realized the need to continue to fill a market need for the EC145T1 size and price point for both domestic and international needs,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “Those needs centered primarily around the requirement for a true two-pilot instrument panel and stabilization in a reasonably priced aircraft for the 3-4 ton market.”
The EFIS as installed consists of four Integrated Display Unit (IDU) IDU-450 displays, plus accompanying sensors and avionics. Two IDU-450s are located in front of each pilot station (pilot, copilot). The IDU-450 can be configured as a Primary Flight Display (PFD), or a Multi-Function Display (MFD) depending on installation. The PFD is a perspective view display that provides forward-looking terrain, attitude, altitude, airspeed, vertical speed, direction, and Highway-in-the-Sky navigation. The MFD can display a map with waypoints, fixes, and airfields, terrain, horizontal situation indicator (HSI) or a combination thereof. In addition, the EFIS provides visual and aural warnings, cautions, and advisories for system monitoring.
This is not the first time Metro has partnered with Genesys to improve the EC145e’s offerings. In 2016, Metro received the STC for the installation of Genesys’ Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System (HeliSAS). The two-axis autopilot provides a full array of workload-reducing capabilities for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) pilots and provides situational stability should pilots encounter Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IIMC) in flight.
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Fleet Keeper gets CAAP approval
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Bristow CEO describes the three commandments of safety
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Sikorsky Sponsors Educational Scholarship through the MedEvac
- Waypoint Receives Innovation Award in Tianjin
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer