Since introducing the EC145e at HELI-EXPO in 2015, Metro Aviation has worked toward obtaining additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) to cover the spectrum of what customers may need for the aircraft. Metro, with Genesys Aerosystems, recently received an STC for the installation of the Genesys Aerosystems Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) on the EC145e (BK117 C2e).
“While the EC145e is an excellent, low cost reliable solution for the VFR utility and EMS market, we realized the need to continue to fill a market need for the EC145T1 size and price point for both domestic and international needs,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “Those needs centered primarily around the requirement for a true two-pilot instrument panel and stabilization in a reasonably priced aircraft for the 3-4 ton market.”
The EFIS as installed consists of four Integrated Display Unit (IDU) IDU-450 displays, plus accompanying sensors and avionics. Two IDU-450s are located in front of each pilot station (pilot, copilot). The IDU-450 can be configured as a Primary Flight Display (PFD), or a Multi-Function Display (MFD) depending on installation. The PFD is a perspective view display that provides forward-looking terrain, attitude, altitude, airspeed, vertical speed, direction, and Highway-in-the-Sky navigation. The MFD can display a map with waypoints, fixes, and airfields, terrain, horizontal situation indicator (HSI) or a combination thereof. In addition, the EFIS provides visual and aural warnings, cautions, and advisories for system monitoring.
This is not the first time Metro has partnered with Genesys to improve the EC145e’s offerings. In 2016, Metro received the STC for the installation of Genesys’ Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System (HeliSAS). The two-axis autopilot provides a full array of workload-reducing capabilities for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) pilots and provides situational stability should pilots encounter Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IIMC) in flight.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride