Since introducing the EC145e at HELI-EXPO in 2015, Metro Aviation has worked toward obtaining additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) to cover the spectrum of what customers may need for the aircraft. Metro, with Genesys Aerosystems, recently received an STC for the installation of the Genesys Aerosystems Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) on the EC145e (BK117 C2e).
“While the EC145e is an excellent, low cost reliable solution for the VFR utility and EMS market, we realized the need to continue to fill a market need for the EC145T1 size and price point for both domestic and international needs,” said Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz. “Those needs centered primarily around the requirement for a true two-pilot instrument panel and stabilization in a reasonably priced aircraft for the 3-4 ton market.”
The EFIS as installed consists of four Integrated Display Unit (IDU) IDU-450 displays, plus accompanying sensors and avionics. Two IDU-450s are located in front of each pilot station (pilot, copilot). The IDU-450 can be configured as a Primary Flight Display (PFD), or a Multi-Function Display (MFD) depending on installation. The PFD is a perspective view display that provides forward-looking terrain, attitude, altitude, airspeed, vertical speed, direction, and Highway-in-the-Sky navigation. The MFD can display a map with waypoints, fixes, and airfields, terrain, horizontal situation indicator (HSI) or a combination thereof. In addition, the EFIS provides visual and aural warnings, cautions, and advisories for system monitoring.
This is not the first time Metro has partnered with Genesys to improve the EC145e’s offerings. In 2016, Metro received the STC for the installation of Genesys’ Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System (HeliSAS). The two-axis autopilot provides a full array of workload-reducing capabilities for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) pilots and provides situational stability should pilots encounter Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IIMC) in flight.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations