On 3 March GKN Aerospace’s Fokker business and the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) have signed a multi-million Euro total support agreement for a five-year period, covering standard parts supply and services for all of the RNLAF’s aircraft, helicopters and multiple support systems. After the five-year period, the contract can be extended twice for a period of one year.
The total support solution covers the delivery of the standard parts and additional services such as transportation, management of storage systems, forecasting and stock storage.
RNLAF fleet of Apache, Chinook and Cougar helicopters, as well as the F-16’s, PC-7’s and the KDC-10 tanker aircraft, are included in the contract. The total support solution will be delivered from the Fokker facility in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
Fokker was selected in 2012 by NHIndustries as standard parts provider for all NH90 helicopters worldwide and holds a strong position as an integrated after-market service provider for Airbus, Boeing, Fokker and Bombardier aircraft.
Commodore Mario Verbeek said “This is an important innovative performance-based contract which will directly contribute to the readiness of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. I am very proud and happy to take this important step together with our strategic partner GKN Aerospace Fokker.”
Paul Vorstermans, Vice President at Fokker Services said: “Fokker is proud to be selected for long-term total support of the RNLAF fleet. We recognise and appreciate the confidence that the RNLAF has demonstrated in our team and we look forward to further develop our relationship. This contract will enhance the position of Fokker in the military support market providing a total support solution for this specific group of parts.”
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet