On 3 March GKN Aerospace’s Fokker business and the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) have signed a multi-million Euro total support agreement for a five-year period, covering standard parts supply and services for all of the RNLAF’s aircraft, helicopters and multiple support systems. After the five-year period, the contract can be extended twice for a period of one year.
The total support solution covers the delivery of the standard parts and additional services such as transportation, management of storage systems, forecasting and stock storage.
RNLAF fleet of Apache, Chinook and Cougar helicopters, as well as the F-16’s, PC-7’s and the KDC-10 tanker aircraft, are included in the contract. The total support solution will be delivered from the Fokker facility in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
Fokker was selected in 2012 by NHIndustries as standard parts provider for all NH90 helicopters worldwide and holds a strong position as an integrated after-market service provider for Airbus, Boeing, Fokker and Bombardier aircraft.
Commodore Mario Verbeek said “This is an important innovative performance-based contract which will directly contribute to the readiness of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. I am very proud and happy to take this important step together with our strategic partner GKN Aerospace Fokker.”
Paul Vorstermans, Vice President at Fokker Services said: “Fokker is proud to be selected for long-term total support of the RNLAF fleet. We recognise and appreciate the confidence that the RNLAF has demonstrated in our team and we look forward to further develop our relationship. This contract will enhance the position of Fokker in the military support market providing a total support solution for this specific group of parts.”
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case