Concorde Battery Corporation is pleased to announce that Rotorcraft Support Inc. of Van Nuys California has received a FAA STC to install the RG-427, 34 Ah battery, in Bell 407 and Bell 427 helicopters.
Operators have requested a higher capacity battery for the Bell 407 as this helicopter is often used in high cyclic and short leg operations. In these types of operations, the original equipment 28 Ah battery is not getting fully recharged causing starting performance during successive engine starts to degrade and shorten battery life. The decrease in power also causes unnecessary wear on engine components.
Air Ambulance and Oil & Gas fleets conduct some of the highest cycle operations. These operators will realize an increase in starting power and improved performance after upgrading to the RG-427, 34 Ah, 24 volt battery that is packed with over 20% more power than the 28 Ah battery.
Rotorcraft Support Inc. has added the RG-427 to their FAA approved STC SR01456LA for the Bell 407. This STC was also upgraded to include RG-407, 27 Ah, and RG-427 installation approval on Bell 427 helicopters. This is the first FAA STC approved for Recombinant Gas (RG®) sealed lead acid batteries in the Bell 427!
Concorde has supplied lead acid batteries as original equipment and direct replacements for fixed wing, rotorcraft and unmanned aircraft for decades. Concorde offers over 100 unique batteries installed as original equipment by the majority of aircraft manufacturers and adopted by military aircraft operators worldwide.
Rotorcraft Support, Inc., has been in business since 1986, and is a full service helicopter maintenance facility located at the Van Nuys Airport in Southern California. RSI`s helicopter maintenance and helicopter repair services are beyond compare. Their reputation for safety, precision work and responsiveness has earned them respect in the helicopter community. They value that respect, and continuously strive to maintain this level of excellence in their organization.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet