Concorde Battery Corporation is pleased to announce that Rotorcraft Support Inc. of Van Nuys California has received a FAA STC to install the RG-427, 34 Ah battery, in Bell 407 and Bell 427 helicopters.
Operators have requested a higher capacity battery for the Bell 407 as this helicopter is often used in high cyclic and short leg operations. In these types of operations, the original equipment 28 Ah battery is not getting fully recharged causing starting performance during successive engine starts to degrade and shorten battery life. The decrease in power also causes unnecessary wear on engine components.
Air Ambulance and Oil & Gas fleets conduct some of the highest cycle operations. These operators will realize an increase in starting power and improved performance after upgrading to the RG-427, 34 Ah, 24 volt battery that is packed with over 20% more power than the 28 Ah battery.
Rotorcraft Support Inc. has added the RG-427 to their FAA approved STC SR01456LA for the Bell 407. This STC was also upgraded to include RG-407, 27 Ah, and RG-427 installation approval on Bell 427 helicopters. This is the first FAA STC approved for Recombinant Gas (RG®) sealed lead acid batteries in the Bell 427!
Concorde has supplied lead acid batteries as original equipment and direct replacements for fixed wing, rotorcraft and unmanned aircraft for decades. Concorde offers over 100 unique batteries installed as original equipment by the majority of aircraft manufacturers and adopted by military aircraft operators worldwide.
Rotorcraft Support, Inc., has been in business since 1986, and is a full service helicopter maintenance facility located at the Van Nuys Airport in Southern California. RSI`s helicopter maintenance and helicopter repair services are beyond compare. Their reputation for safety, precision work and responsiveness has earned them respect in the helicopter community. They value that respect, and continuously strive to maintain this level of excellence in their organization.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service