Concorde Battery Corporation is pleased to announce that Rotorcraft Support Inc. of Van Nuys California has received a FAA STC to install the RG-427, 34 Ah battery, in Bell 407 and Bell 427 helicopters.
Operators have requested a higher capacity battery for the Bell 407 as this helicopter is often used in high cyclic and short leg operations. In these types of operations, the original equipment 28 Ah battery is not getting fully recharged causing starting performance during successive engine starts to degrade and shorten battery life. The decrease in power also causes unnecessary wear on engine components.
Air Ambulance and Oil & Gas fleets conduct some of the highest cycle operations. These operators will realize an increase in starting power and improved performance after upgrading to the RG-427, 34 Ah, 24 volt battery that is packed with over 20% more power than the 28 Ah battery.
Rotorcraft Support Inc. has added the RG-427 to their FAA approved STC SR01456LA for the Bell 407. This STC was also upgraded to include RG-407, 27 Ah, and RG-427 installation approval on Bell 427 helicopters. This is the first FAA STC approved for Recombinant Gas (RG®) sealed lead acid batteries in the Bell 427!
Concorde has supplied lead acid batteries as original equipment and direct replacements for fixed wing, rotorcraft and unmanned aircraft for decades. Concorde offers over 100 unique batteries installed as original equipment by the majority of aircraft manufacturers and adopted by military aircraft operators worldwide.
Rotorcraft Support, Inc., has been in business since 1986, and is a full service helicopter maintenance facility located at the Van Nuys Airport in Southern California. RSI`s helicopter maintenance and helicopter repair services are beyond compare. Their reputation for safety, precision work and responsiveness has earned them respect in the helicopter community. They value that respect, and continuously strive to maintain this level of excellence in their organization.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services