For the seventh year in a row, the CHC Safety & Quality Summit, in collaboration with Dr. Scott Shappell and Dr. Doug Wiegmann, developers of the Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS), is providing aviation students from around the world with the opportunity to apply to attend the CHC Safety & Quality Summit at no charge.
Students interested in pursuing this opportunity can submit an application along with a 500-word essay related to the theme: “Can we truly manage all the risk? What if the barriers aren’t as robust as they seem?” The application and detailed information can be found by visiting the event’s website at www.chcsafetyqualitysummit.com. Applications are due by April 28, 2017.
Dr. Gardiner was instrumental in helping shape the CHC Safety & Quality Summit through his contributions as a speaker and session leader. The grant carrying his name offers students pursuing studying for careers in aviation the opportunity to access sessions and courses led by industry experts while also building their professional network across the industry.
The 2017 CHC Safety & Quality Summit will take place September 27-29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center in Grapevine, TX, near CHC’s global headquarters.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills