Air Evac Lifeteam, the nation’s leading helicopter air ambulance provider, is now the largest Part 135 aviation operator to receive the Federal Aviation Administration’s Diamond Maintenance Award. The FAA’s St. Louis Flight District Standards Office presented the award on Tuesday, March 14 at the Air Evac Lifeteam corporate headquarters in O’Fallon, Mo.
Seth Myers, president of Air Evac Lifeteam, commended the mechanics on the outstanding accomplishment.
“This award demonstrates the commitment and dedication our maintenance professionals have,” Myers said. “Air Evac benefits from this commitment every day.”
DJ Bates, assistant director of maintenance for Air Evac Lifeteam, said over the past several months, all 166 of the company’s mechanics completed 100 percent of training required to achieve the Diamond Maintenance Award.
“To receive the Diamond award, our mechanics first had to complete core courses,” Bates said. “They went above and beyond, and completed more than 40 hours of training to achieve the Silver Award. In fact, three mechanics achieved the Gold Award.”
Mechanics achieving the Gold Award were: Greg Glover, Carrollton, Ga.; Ian Jenkins, Lancaster, Ohio; and Ronald Wilkes, Scottsboro, Ala.
Willie Heredia, manager of the St. Louis Flight District Standards Office, said he is proud of the collaborative efforts between Air Evac’s maintenance department and the FAA Safety Team.
“This Diamond Award certifies that 166 maintenance professionals met a perfect 100 percent of the Aviation Maintenance Technician Award training goals,” Heredia said. “This accomplishment shows Air Evac’s continuous commitment to safety.”
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- MD Helicopters building fifth MD520N in eight years
- ALEA Releases Standards for Public Safety sUAS Programs
- HeliOffshore updates HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Russian Helicopters working on new Mi-26 upgrade
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- First Mi-28UB helicopters ready to be transferred
- First helicopter deck landing for RFA Tidespring
- Further speakers announced for UK EMS conference
- Russian Helicopter hold promotional event in Mexico
- FlightSafety promotes Scott Goodwin
- XTI reports more orders for VTOL TriFan 600 from NBAA Conference
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Safran appoints Executive Vice-President of Operations
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs