Air Evac Lifeteam, the nation’s leading helicopter air ambulance provider, is now the largest Part 135 aviation operator to receive the Federal Aviation Administration’s Diamond Maintenance Award. The FAA’s St. Louis Flight District Standards Office presented the award on Tuesday, March 14 at the Air Evac Lifeteam corporate headquarters in O’Fallon, Mo.
Seth Myers, president of Air Evac Lifeteam, commended the mechanics on the outstanding accomplishment.
“This award demonstrates the commitment and dedication our maintenance professionals have,” Myers said. “Air Evac benefits from this commitment every day.”
DJ Bates, assistant director of maintenance for Air Evac Lifeteam, said over the past several months, all 166 of the company’s mechanics completed 100 percent of training required to achieve the Diamond Maintenance Award.
“To receive the Diamond award, our mechanics first had to complete core courses,” Bates said. “They went above and beyond, and completed more than 40 hours of training to achieve the Silver Award. In fact, three mechanics achieved the Gold Award.”
Mechanics achieving the Gold Award were: Greg Glover, Carrollton, Ga.; Ian Jenkins, Lancaster, Ohio; and Ronald Wilkes, Scottsboro, Ala.
Willie Heredia, manager of the St. Louis Flight District Standards Office, said he is proud of the collaborative efforts between Air Evac’s maintenance department and the FAA Safety Team.
“This Diamond Award certifies that 166 maintenance professionals met a perfect 100 percent of the Aviation Maintenance Technician Award training goals,” Heredia said. “This accomplishment shows Air Evac’s continuous commitment to safety.”
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T