Air Evac Lifeteam, the nation’s leading helicopter air ambulance provider, is now the largest Part 135 aviation operator to receive the Federal Aviation Administration’s Diamond Maintenance Award. The FAA’s St. Louis Flight District Standards Office presented the award on Tuesday, March 14 at the Air Evac Lifeteam corporate headquarters in O’Fallon, Mo.
Seth Myers, president of Air Evac Lifeteam, commended the mechanics on the outstanding accomplishment.
“This award demonstrates the commitment and dedication our maintenance professionals have,” Myers said. “Air Evac benefits from this commitment every day.”
DJ Bates, assistant director of maintenance for Air Evac Lifeteam, said over the past several months, all 166 of the company’s mechanics completed 100 percent of training required to achieve the Diamond Maintenance Award.
“To receive the Diamond award, our mechanics first had to complete core courses,” Bates said. “They went above and beyond, and completed more than 40 hours of training to achieve the Silver Award. In fact, three mechanics achieved the Gold Award.”
Mechanics achieving the Gold Award were: Greg Glover, Carrollton, Ga.; Ian Jenkins, Lancaster, Ohio; and Ronald Wilkes, Scottsboro, Ala.
Willie Heredia, manager of the St. Louis Flight District Standards Office, said he is proud of the collaborative efforts between Air Evac’s maintenance department and the FAA Safety Team.
“This Diamond Award certifies that 166 maintenance professionals met a perfect 100 percent of the Aviation Maintenance Technician Award training goals,” Heredia said. “This accomplishment shows Air Evac’s continuous commitment to safety.”
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case