Air Evac Lifeteam, the nation’s leading helicopter air ambulance provider, is now the largest Part 135 aviation operator to receive the Federal Aviation Administration’s Diamond Maintenance Award. The FAA’s St. Louis Flight District Standards Office presented the award on Tuesday, March 14 at the Air Evac Lifeteam corporate headquarters in O’Fallon, Mo.
Seth Myers, president of Air Evac Lifeteam, commended the mechanics on the outstanding accomplishment.
“This award demonstrates the commitment and dedication our maintenance professionals have,” Myers said. “Air Evac benefits from this commitment every day.”
DJ Bates, assistant director of maintenance for Air Evac Lifeteam, said over the past several months, all 166 of the company’s mechanics completed 100 percent of training required to achieve the Diamond Maintenance Award.
“To receive the Diamond award, our mechanics first had to complete core courses,” Bates said. “They went above and beyond, and completed more than 40 hours of training to achieve the Silver Award. In fact, three mechanics achieved the Gold Award.”
Mechanics achieving the Gold Award were: Greg Glover, Carrollton, Ga.; Ian Jenkins, Lancaster, Ohio; and Ronald Wilkes, Scottsboro, Ala.
Willie Heredia, manager of the St. Louis Flight District Standards Office, said he is proud of the collaborative efforts between Air Evac’s maintenance department and the FAA Safety Team.
“This Diamond Award certifies that 166 maintenance professionals met a perfect 100 percent of the Aviation Maintenance Technician Award training goals,” Heredia said. “This accomplishment shows Air Evac’s continuous commitment to safety.”
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available
- Mumbai to use UAVs to monitor illegal construction work
- United Arab Emirates Begins Unmanned Ka-226T Production
- Egypt to Sign for Ka-52K Katrans
- Russian Helicopters moves forward on Chinese JV heavy-lift helicopter
- Airbus signs its first HCare Smart contract with Fishtail Air