Air Evac Lifeteam, the nation’s leading helicopter air ambulance provider, is now the largest Part 135 aviation operator to receive the Federal Aviation Administration’s Diamond Maintenance Award. The FAA’s St. Louis Flight District Standards Office presented the award on Tuesday, March 14 at the Air Evac Lifeteam corporate headquarters in O’Fallon, Mo.
Seth Myers, president of Air Evac Lifeteam, commended the mechanics on the outstanding accomplishment.
“This award demonstrates the commitment and dedication our maintenance professionals have,” Myers said. “Air Evac benefits from this commitment every day.”
DJ Bates, assistant director of maintenance for Air Evac Lifeteam, said over the past several months, all 166 of the company’s mechanics completed 100 percent of training required to achieve the Diamond Maintenance Award.
“To receive the Diamond award, our mechanics first had to complete core courses,” Bates said. “They went above and beyond, and completed more than 40 hours of training to achieve the Silver Award. In fact, three mechanics achieved the Gold Award.”
Mechanics achieving the Gold Award were: Greg Glover, Carrollton, Ga.; Ian Jenkins, Lancaster, Ohio; and Ronald Wilkes, Scottsboro, Ala.
Willie Heredia, manager of the St. Louis Flight District Standards Office, said he is proud of the collaborative efforts between Air Evac’s maintenance department and the FAA Safety Team.
“This Diamond Award certifies that 166 maintenance professionals met a perfect 100 percent of the Aviation Maintenance Technician Award training goals,” Heredia said. “This accomplishment shows Air Evac’s continuous commitment to safety.”
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills