German operator Motorflug has commenced operations this week on the military training contract at the Buckeburg base. Motorflug were awarded the contract in December 2016 after successfully bidding with six Bell 206 JetRangers.
After the German military made the decision to discontinue using Bo105s, they needed a basic training helicopter, and most basic level aircraft in the fleet – the EC135 / EC635 – is understood to have been too complex for ab initio pilots. The Bo105 completed 1,387,913 flight hours over 43 years from a fleet of 212 helicopters, but was based largely on 1970s technology. The tender required particular training procedures, including autorotations to the ground.
The new contract is for four years, and there is an expectation of a total of 15,400 flight hours for the fleet across that period – this equates to approximately 650 hours per aircraft per year. Motorflug will be maintaining the fleet at their base at Achum. The first of the six was delivered to Buckeburg last week and the others are going through some avionics work so they are all at the same standard.
Motorflug have been allocated the six registrations D-HMFA to D-HMFF as follows
The full German name of this unit is Internationales Hubschrauberausbildungszentrum, which gets abbreviated to either IntHubschrAusbZ, or IHAZ. This translates as International Helicopter Training Centre.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
Photo – Bundeswehr / IHAZ (Alexander Bozic)
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada