Bristow U.S. LLC today announced that it has been awarded a contract with Shell Offshore, Inc., a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell (Shell), for medevac and search and rescue (SAR) services in the Gulf of Mexico.
“We are drawing on our years of experience of safely and efficiently operating SAR around the world to deliver the highest standard of rescue service and medical care in the Gulf of Mexico,” said Bristow Americas Regional Director Samantha Willenbacher. “With our rescue fleet, all parts of the Gulf of Mexico are within reach of this lifesaving service.”
As part of the contract, Shell will also join the new SAR consortium formed by Bristow, which aims to provide unrivaled service and lifesaving capability to members while simultaneously reducing overall costs associated with SAR.
Bristow will deploy a dedicated state of the art Sikorsky S-92 and a Leonardo AW139 to provide SAR response services. An advanced dispatch system staffed by registered EMTs will provide pre-arrival medical instructions over the phone and efficiently prioritize and manage response efforts in the event that multiple, simultaneous call-outs are received.
Bristow will operate the new service from its standalone SAR facility at the South Lafourche Airport in Galliano, Louisiana.
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters
- OSF Relocates Life Flight Helicopter
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Airbus and Nepalese operators mark 50,000 flight hours of the H125
- BAE Systems and Leonardo DRS Join Forces
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- Helijet Renews Resort Fishing Lodge Service Contracts to 2019
- Another Bell 407GXP joins the Med-Trans Mission
- Falcon Aviation inaugurates VIP Heliport at Dubai South
- Big Changes for New Zealand Rescue Helicopter Services
- CH-53K Cost Rises 6.9% to $138.5 Million per Helicopter
- Tata Steel Ltd. Adds Second Bell 429 to Fleet
- Meghna Aviation to Become First Operator of Bell 429 in Bangladesh
- Bell Helicopter Delivers Two Bell 429s to PT. Carpediem Mandiri
- USHST Finalizes Reorganization of Safety Work Groups
- Q1 Blue Book Pricing Updates
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Air Evac Looks to Expansion
- Russian Helicopters Signs Pakistani Contract
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service