Bristow U.S. LLC today announced that it has been awarded a contract with Shell Offshore, Inc., a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell (Shell), for medevac and search and rescue (SAR) services in the Gulf of Mexico.
“We are drawing on our years of experience of safely and efficiently operating SAR around the world to deliver the highest standard of rescue service and medical care in the Gulf of Mexico,” said Bristow Americas Regional Director Samantha Willenbacher. “With our rescue fleet, all parts of the Gulf of Mexico are within reach of this lifesaving service.”
As part of the contract, Shell will also join the new SAR consortium formed by Bristow, which aims to provide unrivaled service and lifesaving capability to members while simultaneously reducing overall costs associated with SAR.
Bristow will deploy a dedicated state of the art Sikorsky S-92 and a Leonardo AW139 to provide SAR response services. An advanced dispatch system staffed by registered EMTs will provide pre-arrival medical instructions over the phone and efficiently prioritize and manage response efforts in the event that multiple, simultaneous call-outs are received.
Bristow will operate the new service from its standalone SAR facility at the South Lafourche Airport in Galliano, Louisiana.
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication
- Milestone Aviation Group Supports Indian Heligo’s Growth
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017