The holding company Russian Helicopters will finish delivering the second batch of Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.
Andrei Boginsky, Director General of the Russian holding company, was quoted as saying: “Belarus has always been and remains an important strategic partner for us. We are glad we will be able to finish the contract on delivering 12 helicopters for the Belarusian Defense Ministry ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.”
On 22 March a delegation of the Belarusian Defense Ministry led by Deputy Defense Minister Igor Lotenkov visited the Kazan helicopter factory of the holding company Russian Helicopters. Members of the delegation were made familiar with progress in preparing the second batch of the Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters for shipment. The head of the Belarusian Defense Ministry’s acceptance commission presented a report on enabling the conditions for receiving the second batch of the helicopters.
The Belarusian delegation also went on a tour of the machining division of the Kazan helicopter factory where the program to modernize and retool the enterprise had begun. Members of the Belarusian delegation also saw how components and bodies of Mi-8/17, Ansat, and Mi-38 helicopters are assembled. Apart from that, the delegation went to see popular helicopter models in the final assembly shop where Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-17V-5 were represented.
Members of the delegation also saw the small series section where Ansat helicopters are assembled. The delegation demonstrated an interest in these light multipurpose flyers, said the company’s press service.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017