The holding company Russian Helicopters will finish delivering the second batch of Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.
Andrei Boginsky, Director General of the Russian holding company, was quoted as saying: “Belarus has always been and remains an important strategic partner for us. We are glad we will be able to finish the contract on delivering 12 helicopters for the Belarusian Defense Ministry ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.”
On 22 March a delegation of the Belarusian Defense Ministry led by Deputy Defense Minister Igor Lotenkov visited the Kazan helicopter factory of the holding company Russian Helicopters. Members of the delegation were made familiar with progress in preparing the second batch of the Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters for shipment. The head of the Belarusian Defense Ministry’s acceptance commission presented a report on enabling the conditions for receiving the second batch of the helicopters.
The Belarusian delegation also went on a tour of the machining division of the Kazan helicopter factory where the program to modernize and retool the enterprise had begun. Members of the Belarusian delegation also saw how components and bodies of Mi-8/17, Ansat, and Mi-38 helicopters are assembled. Apart from that, the delegation went to see popular helicopter models in the final assembly shop where Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-17V-5 were represented.
Members of the delegation also saw the small series section where Ansat helicopters are assembled. The delegation demonstrated an interest in these light multipurpose flyers, said the company’s press service.
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps
- Reignwood Star to receive Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 Support from StandardAero
- Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Appointed
- HeliOffshore 2018 Conference Proceedings
- Whirly-Girls Mid-Year Scholarship Cycle Enters Last Week
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Aeromedical Conference confirm speakers
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- Bell Boeing JPO awarded $25M contract for V-22 Spares
- Helicentre 2019 Scholarship Programme Now Open
- HAI Matt Zuccaro testifies before Senate committee on UAS integration
- 2018 SMTA Scholarship Winners
- Coast Guard Cadets Redesign Helicopter Rescue Basket