The holding company Russian Helicopters will finish delivering the second batch of Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.
Andrei Boginsky, Director General of the Russian holding company, was quoted as saying: “Belarus has always been and remains an important strategic partner for us. We are glad we will be able to finish the contract on delivering 12 helicopters for the Belarusian Defense Ministry ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.”
On 22 March a delegation of the Belarusian Defense Ministry led by Deputy Defense Minister Igor Lotenkov visited the Kazan helicopter factory of the holding company Russian Helicopters. Members of the delegation were made familiar with progress in preparing the second batch of the Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters for shipment. The head of the Belarusian Defense Ministry’s acceptance commission presented a report on enabling the conditions for receiving the second batch of the helicopters.
The Belarusian delegation also went on a tour of the machining division of the Kazan helicopter factory where the program to modernize and retool the enterprise had begun. Members of the Belarusian delegation also saw how components and bodies of Mi-8/17, Ansat, and Mi-38 helicopters are assembled. Apart from that, the delegation went to see popular helicopter models in the final assembly shop where Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-17V-5 were represented.
Members of the delegation also saw the small series section where Ansat helicopters are assembled. The delegation demonstrated an interest in these light multipurpose flyers, said the company’s press service.
- Joint Venture for the production of Ka-226T in India
- Safran acquires ISEI
- ViaSat Secures Multi-Year Contract
- Arville fabrics used in London EMS Explorers
- CONTROP Launches Compact Payload for UAS
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available