The holding company Russian Helicopters will finish delivering the second batch of Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.
Andrei Boginsky, Director General of the Russian holding company, was quoted as saying: “Belarus has always been and remains an important strategic partner for us. We are glad we will be able to finish the contract on delivering 12 helicopters for the Belarusian Defense Ministry ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.”
On 22 March a delegation of the Belarusian Defense Ministry led by Deputy Defense Minister Igor Lotenkov visited the Kazan helicopter factory of the holding company Russian Helicopters. Members of the delegation were made familiar with progress in preparing the second batch of the Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters for shipment. The head of the Belarusian Defense Ministry’s acceptance commission presented a report on enabling the conditions for receiving the second batch of the helicopters.
The Belarusian delegation also went on a tour of the machining division of the Kazan helicopter factory where the program to modernize and retool the enterprise had begun. Members of the Belarusian delegation also saw how components and bodies of Mi-8/17, Ansat, and Mi-38 helicopters are assembled. Apart from that, the delegation went to see popular helicopter models in the final assembly shop where Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-17V-5 were represented.
Members of the delegation also saw the small series section where Ansat helicopters are assembled. The delegation demonstrated an interest in these light multipurpose flyers, said the company’s press service.
- Bristow Norway Opens Florø Base and Expands Operations
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- RAMM offers FAA Approved Replacement Interior Kits for R44
- Airbus awards 5-year UH-72A Logistics Support Contract to Safran
- Summit Aviation Celebrates New Manufacturing Location
- New Zealand eases NH90 flying limitations
- Canadian potash miner gives $1M gift to STARS air ambulance
- HAI attends Great Alaskan Aviation Gathering
- LORD Corporation Selected for AHS International Supplier Excellence Award
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre to Start Helipad Construction
- Toledo Police to sell Robinson R44
- Airbus Helicopters launches new high-end bespoke brand at EBACE
- Russian Helicopters supply aviation equipment for helicopters of the Peruvian Air Force
- Metro Aviation hosts Leadership Conference
- Rogerson Kratos UH-60A Upgrades with Cockpit Modernization
- VNH South completes test flight to Times Square rooftop pad in Ho Chi Minh City
- UEC Presents Newest Russian Engines for Aircraft and Helicopters at SITDEF in Peru
- Vector Aerospace enhances UH-1H hot, high and heavy performance
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska