The holding company Russian Helicopters will finish delivering the second batch of Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.
Andrei Boginsky, Director General of the Russian holding company, was quoted as saying: “Belarus has always been and remains an important strategic partner for us. We are glad we will be able to finish the contract on delivering 12 helicopters for the Belarusian Defense Ministry ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.”
On 22 March a delegation of the Belarusian Defense Ministry led by Deputy Defense Minister Igor Lotenkov visited the Kazan helicopter factory of the holding company Russian Helicopters. Members of the delegation were made familiar with progress in preparing the second batch of the Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters for shipment. The head of the Belarusian Defense Ministry’s acceptance commission presented a report on enabling the conditions for receiving the second batch of the helicopters.
The Belarusian delegation also went on a tour of the machining division of the Kazan helicopter factory where the program to modernize and retool the enterprise had begun. Members of the Belarusian delegation also saw how components and bodies of Mi-8/17, Ansat, and Mi-38 helicopters are assembled. Apart from that, the delegation went to see popular helicopter models in the final assembly shop where Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-17V-5 were represented.
Members of the delegation also saw the small series section where Ansat helicopters are assembled. The delegation demonstrated an interest in these light multipurpose flyers, said the company’s press service.
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts
- Lockheed Delivering Next-Generation Apache Sensor Systems
- VNH South receives award from JVPC
- OEAMTC Air Rescue and Reiser Simulation and Training sign LOI
- US Navy orders additional APKWS rocket guidance kits
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance holds topping out ceremony on new air base
- Med-Trans Director Earns AAMS Jim Charlson Safety Award