The holding company Russian Helicopters will finish delivering the second batch of Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.
Andrei Boginsky, Director General of the Russian holding company, was quoted as saying: “Belarus has always been and remains an important strategic partner for us. We are glad we will be able to finish the contract on delivering 12 helicopters for the Belarusian Defense Ministry ahead of schedule. The final lot was initially supposed to be delivered in May 2017, however, the Kazan helicopter factory is ready to send the helicopters on their way in April.”
On 22 March a delegation of the Belarusian Defense Ministry led by Deputy Defense Minister Igor Lotenkov visited the Kazan helicopter factory of the holding company Russian Helicopters. Members of the delegation were made familiar with progress in preparing the second batch of the Mi-8MTV-5 helicopters for shipment. The head of the Belarusian Defense Ministry’s acceptance commission presented a report on enabling the conditions for receiving the second batch of the helicopters.
The Belarusian delegation also went on a tour of the machining division of the Kazan helicopter factory where the program to modernize and retool the enterprise had begun. Members of the Belarusian delegation also saw how components and bodies of Mi-8/17, Ansat, and Mi-38 helicopters are assembled. Apart from that, the delegation went to see popular helicopter models in the final assembly shop where Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-17V-5 were represented.
Members of the delegation also saw the small series section where Ansat helicopters are assembled. The delegation demonstrated an interest in these light multipurpose flyers, said the company’s press service.
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters
- OSF Relocates Life Flight Helicopter
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Airbus and Nepalese operators mark 50,000 flight hours of the H125
- BAE Systems and Leonardo DRS Join Forces
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- Helijet Renews Resort Fishing Lodge Service Contracts to 2019
- Another Bell 407GXP joins the Med-Trans Mission
- Falcon Aviation inaugurates VIP Heliport at Dubai South
- Big Changes for New Zealand Rescue Helicopter Services
- CH-53K Cost Rises 6.9% to $138.5 Million per Helicopter
- Tata Steel Ltd. Adds Second Bell 429 to Fleet
- Meghna Aviation to Become First Operator of Bell 429 in Bangladesh
- Bell Helicopter Delivers Two Bell 429s to PT. Carpediem Mandiri
- USHST Finalizes Reorganization of Safety Work Groups
- Q1 Blue Book Pricing Updates
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Air Evac Looks to Expansion
- Russian Helicopters Signs Pakistani Contract
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service