Leonardo’s presence in the Philippines is expanding with the recent delivery of an AgustaWestland AW119Kx and a GrandNew to corporate clients, with the scheduled delivery of the first AW169 sold in the Philippines and another AW139 in the next few months. Both the AW169 and AW139 will be used for VIP/corporate transport. These deliveries add to the success already achieved by the AW109 Power, in operation with corporate customers in the country. Leonardo has also a strong presence in the Philippines’ military helicopter market.
Leonardo’s range of commercial helicopters in the Philippines are supported by Royal Star Aviation Maintenance & Services, an Authorized Service Centre located in Manila, and the Leonardo Helicopters regional support centre and training academy located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The AW119Kx is the most spacious and powerful single-engine helicopter for a wide range of missions. It features an integrated flight deck system for enhanced situational awareness, a Synthetic Vision System with Highway in the Sky (HITS) depiction, moving map and a Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System (HTAWS). The spacious cabin can accommodate up to six passengers.
The GrandNew is the premium, latest-generation light twin helicopter, evolved from the globally successful Grand platform, enhanced with the latest satellite navigation systems for all weather operations. Pilots benefit from advanced avionics, which minimizes crew workload, while passengers can enjoy the luxurious and spacious six seat cabin.
The AW169 is a new generation 8-10 seat light intermediate twin-turbine helicopter, featuring class-leading performance and latest safety standards in its category. The first all new helicopter in its class in more than 30 years, the AW169 has rapidly become the market leader.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023