Leonardo’s presence in the Philippines is expanding with the recent delivery of an AgustaWestland AW119Kx and a GrandNew to corporate clients, with the scheduled delivery of the first AW169 sold in the Philippines and another AW139 in the next few months. Both the AW169 and AW139 will be used for VIP/corporate transport. These deliveries add to the success already achieved by the AW109 Power, in operation with corporate customers in the country. Leonardo has also a strong presence in the Philippines’ military helicopter market.
Leonardo’s range of commercial helicopters in the Philippines are supported by Royal Star Aviation Maintenance & Services, an Authorized Service Centre located in Manila, and the Leonardo Helicopters regional support centre and training academy located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The AW119Kx is the most spacious and powerful single-engine helicopter for a wide range of missions. It features an integrated flight deck system for enhanced situational awareness, a Synthetic Vision System with Highway in the Sky (HITS) depiction, moving map and a Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System (HTAWS). The spacious cabin can accommodate up to six passengers.
The GrandNew is the premium, latest-generation light twin helicopter, evolved from the globally successful Grand platform, enhanced with the latest satellite navigation systems for all weather operations. Pilots benefit from advanced avionics, which minimizes crew workload, while passengers can enjoy the luxurious and spacious six seat cabin.
The AW169 is a new generation 8-10 seat light intermediate twin-turbine helicopter, featuring class-leading performance and latest safety standards in its category. The first all new helicopter in its class in more than 30 years, the AW169 has rapidly become the market leader.
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135
- Boulder Transport Starts Helicopter Flights up Front Range
- Luxaviation Helicopters announces strategic partnership with Azur Hélicoptère
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- Marine Corps Aviation Association Awards 2017
- Summit Aviation Receives AS9110 Certificate
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- Boeing awarded $143M contract for 24 AH-64E Apaches modification
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Oregon Dept Fish and Wildlife replaces helicopters with drones
- SAFE Structures partners with Eidos Ergonomics
- Prince George’s County Police Department to expand aviation section
- A New Station Commander for RAF Shawbury
- Norway trials Schiebel Camcopter S-100