JSC Rosoboronexport (part of the Rostec State Corporation) will organize a Russian display at the LAAD 2017 Latin American Defence and Security Exhibition. The exhibition supported by the Brazilian Ministry of Defense will be held at the RIOCENTRO exhibition center (Rio de Janeiro) on April 4-7, 2017.
Russia’s official delegation to the exhibition will be led by Anatoliy Punchuk, Deputy Director of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation. Rosoboronexport’s delegation will be headed by the company’s Deputy Director General Sergey Ladygin.
“Russia considers Latin America as one of the most promising regions from the perspective of military-technical cooperation. At present Rosoboronexport competes in tenders and pursues a number of options to supply aircraft equipment, helicopters and AD systems to Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico and Peru. Regional countries have also expressed their interest in military equipment used by security forces in their war on corruption, terrorism and illegal drug trafficking”, – Sergey Ladygin said.
The joint Russian display features the stands of 4 Russia’s leading defense enterprises and occupies over 170 square meters in Exhibition Hall 3 (stand P.50). The display showcases over 350 exhibit items. Rosoboronexport will present over 180 pieces of military equipment for all branches at the exhibition in Rio de Janeiro.
Rosoboronexport’s experts believe that the best regional prospects lie with the Yak-130 combat trainer, MiG-29M multirole tactical fighter and Su-35 multirole air superiority fighter. Russian helicopters that may catch the interest of foreign customers include the Mi-28NE, Ka-52 and Mi-35M attack helicopters, Mi-26T2 heavy transport helicopters, Ansat light multirole helicopters and Mi-17 military transport helicopters. Russia’s regional partners are also interested in such AD systems as the Pantsir-S1 air defense missile/gun system, Igla-S man-portable air defense system and Antey-2500 air defense system.
Russia will present a number of regionally popular military equipment designed for the armed forces and special counterterrorist and anti-corruption units. The equipment includes the VPK-233136 Tigr armored vehicle, BTR-82A and BTR-80 armored personnel vehicles, BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles, various Kalashnikov rifles and Pecheneg Kalashnikov-designed machine-gun. Regional navies express particular interest in the Project 14310 Mirazh, Project 12200 Sobol and Project 12150 Mangust patrol boats.
Rosoboronexport’s experts also expect delegations from the regional countries to show interest in the Russian equipment designed to operate in the Arctic Region, in particular, hydrographic survey vessels.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills