The ALPHA 800 is the evolution of the SNIPER and includes all the developments and improvements of the last year and a half of extensive work of research, development and innovation. Improvements apply to all the systems in the helicopter from the mechanics to the electronics on board or available payloads.
In the airframe, the FlyBar has been removed; the landing gear has been completely redesigned reducing weight and enabling better line of sight for the antennas. Thanks to all that we saved more than 500 g that has been used to increase the fuel tanks capacity on 600cc. In addition, some critical components such as servo-actuators has a manufacturer-guaranteed service life which gives the system an extra level of safety.
The electronics are IP64 rated which means that the helicopter can operate in marine environments or under the rain. In addition, it includes safety and redundancy elements such as redundant power source, double autopilot power supply and resettable fuses at all payload and servo ports. Alpha Unmanned Systems has also worked on integrating a multitude of payloads and currently offers up to 15 different possibilities covering all types of applications for multiple sectors: from surveillance, inspection, agriculture, mining, to mapping LIDAR or GIS. We offer dual sensor cameras; day & night vision and some of them offer up to 40x optical zoom or high resolution and frame rate infrared sensors. Thanks to that we cover a wider range of applications, being able to offer ready to fly solutions for professional or industrial users.
Summarizing, all the improvements done enable the new ALPHA 800 to have a higher payload capacity, 3 Kg instead of 2.5 kg, longer endurance 2 hours & 30 minutes instead of 2 hours, longer range and the necessary maintenance of the mechanics has been kept to a minimum.
Alpha does not want to miss this opportunity to let you know that from the beginning of the year we have started to do services with our new UAV for both ISTAR missions and civil projects.
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189
- Forecast for Global Military Helicopter Market 2017-2026
- Royal Navy announces Osprey Trophy winner
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- PCX Aerostructures awarded $8M contract for right connecting links for the Apache AH-64 weapon system
- Helipad Events for Shangri-La Hotel
- Bristow vocalise current H225 thought process
- AHS announces results of annual Student Design Competition
- Spectrum Releases New Carbon Fiber 3200 Series
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil