The ALPHA 800 is the evolution of the SNIPER and includes all the developments and improvements of the last year and a half of extensive work of research, development and innovation. Improvements apply to all the systems in the helicopter from the mechanics to the electronics on board or available payloads.
In the airframe, the FlyBar has been removed; the landing gear has been completely redesigned reducing weight and enabling better line of sight for the antennas. Thanks to all that we saved more than 500 g that has been used to increase the fuel tanks capacity on 600cc. In addition, some critical components such as servo-actuators has a manufacturer-guaranteed service life which gives the system an extra level of safety.
The electronics are IP64 rated which means that the helicopter can operate in marine environments or under the rain. In addition, it includes safety and redundancy elements such as redundant power source, double autopilot power supply and resettable fuses at all payload and servo ports. Alpha Unmanned Systems has also worked on integrating a multitude of payloads and currently offers up to 15 different possibilities covering all types of applications for multiple sectors: from surveillance, inspection, agriculture, mining, to mapping LIDAR or GIS. We offer dual sensor cameras; day & night vision and some of them offer up to 40x optical zoom or high resolution and frame rate infrared sensors. Thanks to that we cover a wider range of applications, being able to offer ready to fly solutions for professional or industrial users.
Summarizing, all the improvements done enable the new ALPHA 800 to have a higher payload capacity, 3 Kg instead of 2.5 kg, longer endurance 2 hours & 30 minutes instead of 2 hours, longer range and the necessary maintenance of the mechanics has been kept to a minimum.
Alpha does not want to miss this opportunity to let you know that from the beginning of the year we have started to do services with our new UAV for both ISTAR missions and civil projects.
- Negotiations for Stat MedEvac Housing at Clearfield-Lawrence Airport
- Sanford AirMed Stationed at Fargo Hospital
- Tender Issued for EMS Helicopter to Support Baltic Wind Farms
- CoxHealth Expands Air Medical Fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- Esterline showcases ADS-B Annunciators with fast delivery
- Jonathan Jenkins appointed new CEO of London’s Air Ambulance
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- US Navy awards Elbit $150M MH-60S fleet helmet contract
- McMahon Helicopter Services appointed distributor for MD Helicopters
- RUAG integrates pilot assistance and safety solution on Swiss AF EC635 fleet
- Counterdrug MH-65 Unit Marks 500th Drug Interdiction
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters