The ALPHA 800 is the evolution of the SNIPER and includes all the developments and improvements of the last year and a half of extensive work of research, development and innovation. Improvements apply to all the systems in the helicopter from the mechanics to the electronics on board or available payloads.
In the airframe, the FlyBar has been removed; the landing gear has been completely redesigned reducing weight and enabling better line of sight for the antennas. Thanks to all that we saved more than 500 g that has been used to increase the fuel tanks capacity on 600cc. In addition, some critical components such as servo-actuators has a manufacturer-guaranteed service life which gives the system an extra level of safety.
The electronics are IP64 rated which means that the helicopter can operate in marine environments or under the rain. In addition, it includes safety and redundancy elements such as redundant power source, double autopilot power supply and resettable fuses at all payload and servo ports. Alpha Unmanned Systems has also worked on integrating a multitude of payloads and currently offers up to 15 different possibilities covering all types of applications for multiple sectors: from surveillance, inspection, agriculture, mining, to mapping LIDAR or GIS. We offer dual sensor cameras; day & night vision and some of them offer up to 40x optical zoom or high resolution and frame rate infrared sensors. Thanks to that we cover a wider range of applications, being able to offer ready to fly solutions for professional or industrial users.
Summarizing, all the improvements done enable the new ALPHA 800 to have a higher payload capacity, 3 Kg instead of 2.5 kg, longer endurance 2 hours & 30 minutes instead of 2 hours, longer range and the necessary maintenance of the mechanics has been kept to a minimum.
Alpha does not want to miss this opportunity to let you know that from the beginning of the year we have started to do services with our new UAV for both ISTAR missions and civil projects.
- Maclean Hospital Closes Helipad
- New Aviation Unit for San Bernardino
- US Navy helicopter squadron puts MQ-8B Fire Scout UAV to work
- Air BP and RocketRoute launch a digital suite of business aviation services under the ‘RocketRoute’ brand
- Vector Aerospace becomes authorized Safran Arriel 2D Repair Centre
- Lockheed Plays Major Role In Strengthening US And Saudi Arabia Ties
- Erickson Announces Leadership Change
- 2017 SOFIC Brings Together Thousands in Support of USSOCOM Acquisition Programs
- AMSTAT to exhibit at EBACE 2017
- Argus Unmanned Creates Safety Partnership Program
- Reopened Kaman K-Max production line reaches first flight
- HAI Director of Safety Outreach Stan Rose speaks at FAA DPE class
- Kamov developing 500 kph coaxial military helicopter
- Relocation for the British Army Helicopter Force
- Peruvian Fire-Fighters Look to Purchasing Mi-171s
- Belarusian Drone Showcased at MILEX 2017
- Bristow Norway Opens Florø Base and Expands Operations
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- RAMM offers FAA Approved Replacement Interior Kits for R44
- Airbus awards 5-year UH-72A Logistics Support Contract to Safran