The ALPHA 800 is the evolution of the SNIPER and includes all the developments and improvements of the last year and a half of extensive work of research, development and innovation. Improvements apply to all the systems in the helicopter from the mechanics to the electronics on board or available payloads.
In the airframe, the FlyBar has been removed; the landing gear has been completely redesigned reducing weight and enabling better line of sight for the antennas. Thanks to all that we saved more than 500 g that has been used to increase the fuel tanks capacity on 600cc. In addition, some critical components such as servo-actuators has a manufacturer-guaranteed service life which gives the system an extra level of safety.
The electronics are IP64 rated which means that the helicopter can operate in marine environments or under the rain. In addition, it includes safety and redundancy elements such as redundant power source, double autopilot power supply and resettable fuses at all payload and servo ports. Alpha Unmanned Systems has also worked on integrating a multitude of payloads and currently offers up to 15 different possibilities covering all types of applications for multiple sectors: from surveillance, inspection, agriculture, mining, to mapping LIDAR or GIS. We offer dual sensor cameras; day & night vision and some of them offer up to 40x optical zoom or high resolution and frame rate infrared sensors. Thanks to that we cover a wider range of applications, being able to offer ready to fly solutions for professional or industrial users.
Summarizing, all the improvements done enable the new ALPHA 800 to have a higher payload capacity, 3 Kg instead of 2.5 kg, longer endurance 2 hours & 30 minutes instead of 2 hours, longer range and the necessary maintenance of the mechanics has been kept to a minimum.
Alpha does not want to miss this opportunity to let you know that from the beginning of the year we have started to do services with our new UAV for both ISTAR missions and civil projects.
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF