Leonardo has just started a demo tour with its AW119Kx single engine helicopter together with Simone Moro, the only alpinist in history to have reached four 8,000 meter peaks in winter.
Initial flying activities have been accomplished between March 24th and 28th and the tour is expected to be completed by mid-April.
The goal of the demo tour is to test some features of the AW119Kx at high altitudes, simulate passenger transport missions starting from Nepal’s capital, Katmandu, to several base camps in the surroundings, but at higher altitudes, enable some potential clients to participate in such missions and test the helicopter capability, carry out high-altitude aerial work activities, including several tests for the transport of materials with the cargo hook.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved