Leonardo has just started a demo tour with its AW119Kx single engine helicopter together with Simone Moro, the only alpinist in history to have reached four 8,000 meter peaks in winter.
Initial flying activities have been accomplished between March 24th and 28th and the tour is expected to be completed by mid-April.
The goal of the demo tour is to test some features of the AW119Kx at high altitudes, simulate passenger transport missions starting from Nepal’s capital, Katmandu, to several base camps in the surroundings, but at higher altitudes, enable some potential clients to participate in such missions and test the helicopter capability, carry out high-altitude aerial work activities, including several tests for the transport of materials with the cargo hook.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services