Leonardo has just started a demo tour with its AW119Kx single engine helicopter together with Simone Moro, the only alpinist in history to have reached four 8,000 meter peaks in winter.
Initial flying activities have been accomplished between March 24th and 28th and the tour is expected to be completed by mid-April.
The goal of the demo tour is to test some features of the AW119Kx at high altitudes, simulate passenger transport missions starting from Nepal’s capital, Katmandu, to several base camps in the surroundings, but at higher altitudes, enable some potential clients to participate in such missions and test the helicopter capability, carry out high-altitude aerial work activities, including several tests for the transport of materials with the cargo hook.
- Maclean Hospital Closes Helipad
- New Aviation Unit for San Bernardino
- US Navy helicopter squadron puts MQ-8B Fire Scout UAV to work
- Air BP and RocketRoute launch a digital suite of business aviation services under the ‘RocketRoute’ brand
- Vector Aerospace becomes authorized Safran Arriel 2D Repair Centre
- Lockheed Plays Major Role In Strengthening US And Saudi Arabia Ties
- Erickson Announces Leadership Change
- 2017 SOFIC Brings Together Thousands in Support of USSOCOM Acquisition Programs
- AMSTAT to exhibit at EBACE 2017
- Argus Unmanned Creates Safety Partnership Program
- Reopened Kaman K-Max production line reaches first flight
- HAI Director of Safety Outreach Stan Rose speaks at FAA DPE class
- Kamov developing 500 kph coaxial military helicopter
- Relocation for the British Army Helicopter Force
- Peruvian Fire-Fighters Look to Purchasing Mi-171s
- Belarusian Drone Showcased at MILEX 2017
- Bristow Norway Opens Florø Base and Expands Operations
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- RAMM offers FAA Approved Replacement Interior Kits for R44
- Airbus awards 5-year UH-72A Logistics Support Contract to Safran