Leonardo has just started a demo tour with its AW119Kx single engine helicopter together with Simone Moro, the only alpinist in history to have reached four 8,000 meter peaks in winter.
Initial flying activities have been accomplished between March 24th and 28th and the tour is expected to be completed by mid-April.
The goal of the demo tour is to test some features of the AW119Kx at high altitudes, simulate passenger transport missions starting from Nepal’s capital, Katmandu, to several base camps in the surroundings, but at higher altitudes, enable some potential clients to participate in such missions and test the helicopter capability, carry out high-altitude aerial work activities, including several tests for the transport of materials with the cargo hook.
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available
- Mumbai to use UAVs to monitor illegal construction work
- United Arab Emirates Begins Unmanned Ka-226T Production
- Egypt to Sign for Ka-52K Katrans
- Russian Helicopters moves forward on Chinese JV heavy-lift helicopter
- Airbus signs its first HCare Smart contract with Fishtail Air