Leonardo has just started a demo tour with its AW119Kx single engine helicopter together with Simone Moro, the only alpinist in history to have reached four 8,000 meter peaks in winter.
Initial flying activities have been accomplished between March 24th and 28th and the tour is expected to be completed by mid-April.
The goal of the demo tour is to test some features of the AW119Kx at high altitudes, simulate passenger transport missions starting from Nepal’s capital, Katmandu, to several base camps in the surroundings, but at higher altitudes, enable some potential clients to participate in such missions and test the helicopter capability, carry out high-altitude aerial work activities, including several tests for the transport of materials with the cargo hook.
- Negotiations for Stat MedEvac Housing at Clearfield-Lawrence Airport
- Sanford AirMed Stationed at Fargo Hospital
- Tender Issued for EMS Helicopter to Support Baltic Wind Farms
- CoxHealth Expands Air Medical Fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- Esterline showcases ADS-B Annunciators with fast delivery
- Jonathan Jenkins appointed new CEO of London’s Air Ambulance
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- US Navy awards Elbit $150M MH-60S fleet helmet contract
- McMahon Helicopter Services appointed distributor for MD Helicopters
- RUAG integrates pilot assistance and safety solution on Swiss AF EC635 fleet
- Counterdrug MH-65 Unit Marks 500th Drug Interdiction
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters