Leonardo announced today at LAAD in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that the fleet of six AgustaWestland AW139s operated by Panama’s Servicio Nacional Aeronaval (SENAN) has achieved a 5,000 flight hour milestone.
This result has been achieved in less than four years since the first AW139 entered into service with SENAN in mid-2013. SENAN has benefited from Leonardo’s well-positioned service network in North and Central America, including support from a local service center in Panama, and spares support and comprehensive training solutions provided by Leonardo Helicopters’ Philadelphia facility.
“This milestone further reinforces the strength of the relationship between Leonardo and the Republic of Panama, as well as the high level of support provided to their fleet of government helicopters,” said Mauro Moretti, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Leonardo. “Additional deliveries of helicopters later this year will continue to build on the success of Leonardo in the Republic of Panama and are evidence of the solutions we can provide across all sectors to serve the country, its businesses, and its people.”
The current fleet of AW139s, configured for dual-use operations, has been routinely called upon to perform rescue missions, medical evacuations, and coastal patrolling. Two of the SENAN AW139s have recently deployed for further disaster relief efforts in Central America. An additional two AW139s fully configured for anti-smuggling and defense operations across Panama are expected to be delivered by the end of 2017.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad