Leonardo announced today at LAAD in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that the fleet of six AgustaWestland AW139s operated by Panama’s Servicio Nacional Aeronaval (SENAN) has achieved a 5,000 flight hour milestone.
This result has been achieved in less than four years since the first AW139 entered into service with SENAN in mid-2013. SENAN has benefited from Leonardo’s well-positioned service network in North and Central America, including support from a local service center in Panama, and spares support and comprehensive training solutions provided by Leonardo Helicopters’ Philadelphia facility.
“This milestone further reinforces the strength of the relationship between Leonardo and the Republic of Panama, as well as the high level of support provided to their fleet of government helicopters,” said Mauro Moretti, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Leonardo. “Additional deliveries of helicopters later this year will continue to build on the success of Leonardo in the Republic of Panama and are evidence of the solutions we can provide across all sectors to serve the country, its businesses, and its people.”
The current fleet of AW139s, configured for dual-use operations, has been routinely called upon to perform rescue missions, medical evacuations, and coastal patrolling. Two of the SENAN AW139s have recently deployed for further disaster relief efforts in Central America. An additional two AW139s fully configured for anti-smuggling and defense operations across Panama are expected to be delivered by the end of 2017.
- Negotiations for Stat MedEvac Housing at Clearfield-Lawrence Airport
- Sanford AirMed Stationed at Fargo Hospital
- Tender Issued for EMS Helicopter to Support Baltic Wind Farms
- CoxHealth Expands Air Medical Fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- Esterline showcases ADS-B Annunciators with fast delivery
- Jonathan Jenkins appointed new CEO of London’s Air Ambulance
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- US Navy awards Elbit $150M MH-60S fleet helmet contract
- McMahon Helicopter Services appointed distributor for MD Helicopters
- RUAG integrates pilot assistance and safety solution on Swiss AF EC635 fleet
- Counterdrug MH-65 Unit Marks 500th Drug Interdiction
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters