Leonardo announced today at LAAD in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that the fleet of six AgustaWestland AW139s operated by Panama’s Servicio Nacional Aeronaval (SENAN) has achieved a 5,000 flight hour milestone.
This result has been achieved in less than four years since the first AW139 entered into service with SENAN in mid-2013. SENAN has benefited from Leonardo’s well-positioned service network in North and Central America, including support from a local service center in Panama, and spares support and comprehensive training solutions provided by Leonardo Helicopters’ Philadelphia facility.
“This milestone further reinforces the strength of the relationship between Leonardo and the Republic of Panama, as well as the high level of support provided to their fleet of government helicopters,” said Mauro Moretti, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Leonardo. “Additional deliveries of helicopters later this year will continue to build on the success of Leonardo in the Republic of Panama and are evidence of the solutions we can provide across all sectors to serve the country, its businesses, and its people.”
The current fleet of AW139s, configured for dual-use operations, has been routinely called upon to perform rescue missions, medical evacuations, and coastal patrolling. Two of the SENAN AW139s have recently deployed for further disaster relief efforts in Central America. An additional two AW139s fully configured for anti-smuggling and defense operations across Panama are expected to be delivered by the end of 2017.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T