Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the purchase agreement signing of the first Bell 407GXP to an Indonesian customer, Air Pacific Utama (PT APU) and the signing for the Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) – the first Asia-based customer to sign for the new service solution.
Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plans provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. The plans offer a fixed cost per flight hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs. PT APU has signed for the premier plan offering, protecting the residual value of its aircraft while being supported by Bell Helicopter’s global support network.
“Our friends at PT APU have been a valued customer for more than 20 years, and we are pleased the first Bell 407GXP in Indonesia will be delivered to this world-class operator,” said Sameer A. Rehman, Bell Helicopter’s managing director of Asia Pacific. “To further enhance the service experience for which Bell Helicopter is known, PT APU’s decision to sign for the CAP fleet-wide for the Bell 407 lends further evidence to the relevance of this program for fleet customers who count on our award-winning service. I expect the Bell 407GXP to continue to make inroads in Indonesia where the operating environment demands a reliable and trustworthy single-engine platform.”
Derived from the Bell 407GX platform, the Bell 407GXP has an additional 50 lbs (22.5 kg) of payload capability, coupled with the new M250 Rolls-Royce engine that improves performance and fuel efficiency, delivering class-leading hot and high performance. The aircraft is also equipped with new avionics features, such as a hover performance calculator improvement, as well as a transmission TBO extension of +500 hours that is expected to lower maintenance costs.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services