Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the purchase agreement signing of the first Bell 407GXP to an Indonesian customer, Air Pacific Utama (PT APU) and the signing for the Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) – the first Asia-based customer to sign for the new service solution.
Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plans provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. The plans offer a fixed cost per flight hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs. PT APU has signed for the premier plan offering, protecting the residual value of its aircraft while being supported by Bell Helicopter’s global support network.
“Our friends at PT APU have been a valued customer for more than 20 years, and we are pleased the first Bell 407GXP in Indonesia will be delivered to this world-class operator,” said Sameer A. Rehman, Bell Helicopter’s managing director of Asia Pacific. “To further enhance the service experience for which Bell Helicopter is known, PT APU’s decision to sign for the CAP fleet-wide for the Bell 407 lends further evidence to the relevance of this program for fleet customers who count on our award-winning service. I expect the Bell 407GXP to continue to make inroads in Indonesia where the operating environment demands a reliable and trustworthy single-engine platform.”
Derived from the Bell 407GX platform, the Bell 407GXP has an additional 50 lbs (22.5 kg) of payload capability, coupled with the new M250 Rolls-Royce engine that improves performance and fuel efficiency, delivering class-leading hot and high performance. The aircraft is also equipped with new avionics features, such as a hover performance calculator improvement, as well as a transmission TBO extension of +500 hours that is expected to lower maintenance costs.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad