Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the purchase agreement signing of the first Bell 407GXP to an Indonesian customer, Air Pacific Utama (PT APU) and the signing for the Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) – the first Asia-based customer to sign for the new service solution.
Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plans provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for their daily operations. The plans offer a fixed cost per flight hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs. PT APU has signed for the premier plan offering, protecting the residual value of its aircraft while being supported by Bell Helicopter’s global support network.
“Our friends at PT APU have been a valued customer for more than 20 years, and we are pleased the first Bell 407GXP in Indonesia will be delivered to this world-class operator,” said Sameer A. Rehman, Bell Helicopter’s managing director of Asia Pacific. “To further enhance the service experience for which Bell Helicopter is known, PT APU’s decision to sign for the CAP fleet-wide for the Bell 407 lends further evidence to the relevance of this program for fleet customers who count on our award-winning service. I expect the Bell 407GXP to continue to make inroads in Indonesia where the operating environment demands a reliable and trustworthy single-engine platform.”
Derived from the Bell 407GX platform, the Bell 407GXP has an additional 50 lbs (22.5 kg) of payload capability, coupled with the new M250 Rolls-Royce engine that improves performance and fuel efficiency, delivering class-leading hot and high performance. The aircraft is also equipped with new avionics features, such as a hover performance calculator improvement, as well as a transmission TBO extension of +500 hours that is expected to lower maintenance costs.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case