Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, and Hubei Tongcheng General Aviation Co. Ltd. announced today a signed purchase agreement for two Bell 505 helicopters during the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE). The customer will use the two aircraft for agriculture pesticide management missions.
“We were thrilled to begin delivery of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X this year and proud to continue to see an outstanding global demand for the aircraft,” said Patrick Moulay, executive vice president, Global Commercial Sales and Marketing. “Hubei Tongcheng General Aviation recognizes the unmatched performance and multi-mission capabilities of the Bell 505, and we look forward to delivering the two aircraft to our valued customer.”
The customer response has been astounding since the initial launch in 2014 and the company continues to see strong conversion of letters of intent (LOI) on the 505. Company officials see growth for the Bell 505 in the tourism and light utility sectors.
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to your changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Maclean Hospital Closes Helipad
- New Aviation Unit for San Bernardino
- US Navy helicopter squadron puts MQ-8B Fire Scout UAV to work
- Air BP and RocketRoute launch a digital suite of business aviation services under the ‘RocketRoute’ brand
- Vector Aerospace becomes authorized Safran Arriel 2D Repair Centre
- Lockheed Plays Major Role In Strengthening US And Saudi Arabia Ties
- Erickson Announces Leadership Change
- 2017 SOFIC Brings Together Thousands in Support of USSOCOM Acquisition Programs
- AMSTAT to exhibit at EBACE 2017
- Argus Unmanned Creates Safety Partnership Program
- Reopened Kaman K-Max production line reaches first flight
- HAI Director of Safety Outreach Stan Rose speaks at FAA DPE class
- Kamov developing 500 kph coaxial military helicopter
- Relocation for the British Army Helicopter Force
- Peruvian Fire-Fighters Look to Purchasing Mi-171s
- Belarusian Drone Showcased at MILEX 2017
- Bristow Norway Opens Florø Base and Expands Operations
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- RAMM offers FAA Approved Replacement Interior Kits for R44
- Airbus awards 5-year UH-72A Logistics Support Contract to Safran