Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, and Hubei Tongcheng General Aviation Co. Ltd. announced today a signed purchase agreement for two Bell 505 helicopters during the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE). The customer will use the two aircraft for agriculture pesticide management missions.
“We were thrilled to begin delivery of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X this year and proud to continue to see an outstanding global demand for the aircraft,” said Patrick Moulay, executive vice president, Global Commercial Sales and Marketing. “Hubei Tongcheng General Aviation recognizes the unmatched performance and multi-mission capabilities of the Bell 505, and we look forward to delivering the two aircraft to our valued customer.”
The customer response has been astounding since the initial launch in 2014 and the company continues to see strong conversion of letters of intent (LOI) on the 505. Company officials see growth for the Bell 505 in the tourism and light utility sectors.
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to your changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Heli-One USA Celebrates 10 Years of Service
- Eagle Australasia proud to help the local community
- Sikorsky sets up EMS championship in Poland with Black Hawks
- FAA shakes up Certification team
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Kaman announces date for FY2017Q2 earnings
- Garmin Pilot Adds Features for Android and Apple App
- Final Delivery Bell Huey II helicopters delivered to Kenya Air Force
- Russian Helicopters sell 10 aircraft to China
- Airbus awarded patent for connection joint for attaching an airfoil blade to a helicopter’s bearingless main rotor
- Honeywell International awarded $9M contract for delivery for V-22 aircraft side air panel assemblies
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- L-3 Communications awarded $9M contract for Procurement of Installation of 96 ADS Broadcast avionics kits
- Lockheed Martin awarded $20M contract for Delivery of MH-60 spare parts
- Bristow returns two EC225s to leasing company
- NZ – Northland seeking to upgrade to two Sikorsky S76C from S76A models
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Erlanger Health System adds 6th helicopter
- 37 Wescam MX-15 systems sold for two foreign H725 orders
- Two Ansat and one Mi-171 ordered for EMS work at 2022 Winter Olympics