Sikorsky today recognized Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP) for 50 years of continuous service with Sikorsky helicopters. The recognition event took place at the inaugural 2017 Rotorcraft Asia show. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company.
Across five decades, BSP’s fleet of six Sikorsky helicopters ̶three original S-61N™ and the three replacement S-92® models ̶have primarily performed offshore oil and passenger transport missions.
“We are honored to recognize Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 years of continuous service with Sikorsky products,” said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s regional sales executive, Asia. “We are grateful for the trust placed in Sikorsky helicopters when executing challenging offshore oil and search and rescue missions, and look forward to future milestones in our ongoing relationship.”
“We are thrilled with the recognition by Sikorsky,” said Alexirwan Omar, BSP’s head of aircraft services. “BSP takes great pride in its safety record, and to have operated safely with Sikorsky helicopters is an outstanding achievement. We look forward to many more years of continued partnership with Sikorsky.”
The first civil operations of a Sikorsky-built helicopter in the region dates back to the mid-1950’s when Brunei Shell Petroleum contracted for the services of five, 10-passenger, S-55 helicopters.
When Brunei Shell Petroleum decided to operate its own helicopter fleet, the organization again chose Sikorsky products. Delivery of the first of three S-61N helicopters occurred in 1967; BSP upgraded its fleet to Sikorsky S-92 helicopters in 2006. Combined, the entire fleet has flown nearly 170,000 flight hours and achieved more than 800,000 take-offs and landings, carrying 4.5 million passengers safely to and from offshore oil rigs.
Since 2004, Sikorsky has delivered more than 275 S-92 helicopters, predominantly to operators worldwide serving the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018