Sikorsky today recognized Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP) for 50 years of continuous service with Sikorsky helicopters. The recognition event took place at the inaugural 2017 Rotorcraft Asia show. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company.
Across five decades, BSP’s fleet of six Sikorsky helicopters ̶three original S-61N™ and the three replacement S-92® models ̶have primarily performed offshore oil and passenger transport missions.
“We are honored to recognize Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 years of continuous service with Sikorsky products,” said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s regional sales executive, Asia. “We are grateful for the trust placed in Sikorsky helicopters when executing challenging offshore oil and search and rescue missions, and look forward to future milestones in our ongoing relationship.”
“We are thrilled with the recognition by Sikorsky,” said Alexirwan Omar, BSP’s head of aircraft services. “BSP takes great pride in its safety record, and to have operated safely with Sikorsky helicopters is an outstanding achievement. We look forward to many more years of continued partnership with Sikorsky.”
The first civil operations of a Sikorsky-built helicopter in the region dates back to the mid-1950’s when Brunei Shell Petroleum contracted for the services of five, 10-passenger, S-55 helicopters.
When Brunei Shell Petroleum decided to operate its own helicopter fleet, the organization again chose Sikorsky products. Delivery of the first of three S-61N helicopters occurred in 1967; BSP upgraded its fleet to Sikorsky S-92 helicopters in 2006. Combined, the entire fleet has flown nearly 170,000 flight hours and achieved more than 800,000 take-offs and landings, carrying 4.5 million passengers safely to and from offshore oil rigs.
Since 2004, Sikorsky has delivered more than 275 S-92 helicopters, predominantly to operators worldwide serving the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd