On 27th March 2017, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South)’s two Mi-172 helicopters bearing call signs VN-8427 and VN-8428 safely landed in Pekanbaru, Indonesia. This year is the second year that VNH South signed a wet lease contract with Komala Company (Indonesia) for supplying firefighting service for Indonesian Government. VNH South provides four Mi-172 with full package service (including aircrafts, pilots, technicians, maintenance and insurance) for passenger, cargo transport, and firefighting in Indonesia from March 2017 to November 2017. The other two Mi-172s are scheduled to mobilize to Palembang, Indonesia in the middle of April 2017.
Based on the previous experience in cargo transport service as well as the great efforts of VNH South’s pilots and technicians, in 2016 VNH South successfully performed two Mi-172 helicopters wet lease contract for firefighting in Indonesia for 2 months. In addition, VNH South had been receivinghigh appreciation from partners and clients about its service quality, flight safety and professional working manner.
“The wet lease contract of 4 Mi-172s for firefighting in 2017 has once again proved VNH South’s capabilities and reputation. In circumstance of decreasing domestic demand for offshore operations, onshore services expansion in Indonesia- a big potential market of firefighting, passenger/cargo transport and mining is a good opportunity in charting a new direction for the company, contributes to flying hours, revenue, enhances the efficiency of aircraft, consolidates the regional clients and partners’ trust in VNH South’s service quality.” Capt. Le Trong Dong – Director of VNH South said.
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available
- Mumbai to use UAVs to monitor illegal construction work
- United Arab Emirates Begins Unmanned Ka-226T Production
- Egypt to Sign for Ka-52K Katrans
- Russian Helicopters moves forward on Chinese JV heavy-lift helicopter
- Airbus signs its first HCare Smart contract with Fishtail Air