On 27th March 2017, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South)’s two Mi-172 helicopters bearing call signs VN-8427 and VN-8428 safely landed in Pekanbaru, Indonesia. This year is the second year that VNH South signed a wet lease contract with Komala Company (Indonesia) for supplying firefighting service for Indonesian Government. VNH South provides four Mi-172 with full package service (including aircrafts, pilots, technicians, maintenance and insurance) for passenger, cargo transport, and firefighting in Indonesia from March 2017 to November 2017. The other two Mi-172s are scheduled to mobilize to Palembang, Indonesia in the middle of April 2017.
Based on the previous experience in cargo transport service as well as the great efforts of VNH South’s pilots and technicians, in 2016 VNH South successfully performed two Mi-172 helicopters wet lease contract for firefighting in Indonesia for 2 months. In addition, VNH South had been receivinghigh appreciation from partners and clients about its service quality, flight safety and professional working manner.
“The wet lease contract of 4 Mi-172s for firefighting in 2017 has once again proved VNH South’s capabilities and reputation. In circumstance of decreasing domestic demand for offshore operations, onshore services expansion in Indonesia- a big potential market of firefighting, passenger/cargo transport and mining is a good opportunity in charting a new direction for the company, contributes to flying hours, revenue, enhances the efficiency of aircraft, consolidates the regional clients and partners’ trust in VNH South’s service quality.” Capt. Le Trong Dong – Director of VNH South said.
- Negotiations for Stat MedEvac Housing at Clearfield-Lawrence Airport
- Sanford AirMed Stationed at Fargo Hospital
- Tender Issued for EMS Helicopter to Support Baltic Wind Farms
- CoxHealth Expands Air Medical Fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- Esterline showcases ADS-B Annunciators with fast delivery
- Jonathan Jenkins appointed new CEO of London’s Air Ambulance
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- US Navy awards Elbit $150M MH-60S fleet helmet contract
- McMahon Helicopter Services appointed distributor for MD Helicopters
- RUAG integrates pilot assistance and safety solution on Swiss AF EC635 fleet
- Counterdrug MH-65 Unit Marks 500th Drug Interdiction
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters