On 27th March 2017, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South)’s two Mi-172 helicopters bearing call signs VN-8427 and VN-8428 safely landed in Pekanbaru, Indonesia. This year is the second year that VNH South signed a wet lease contract with Komala Company (Indonesia) for supplying firefighting service for Indonesian Government. VNH South provides four Mi-172 with full package service (including aircrafts, pilots, technicians, maintenance and insurance) for passenger, cargo transport, and firefighting in Indonesia from March 2017 to November 2017. The other two Mi-172s are scheduled to mobilize to Palembang, Indonesia in the middle of April 2017.
Based on the previous experience in cargo transport service as well as the great efforts of VNH South’s pilots and technicians, in 2016 VNH South successfully performed two Mi-172 helicopters wet lease contract for firefighting in Indonesia for 2 months. In addition, VNH South had been receivinghigh appreciation from partners and clients about its service quality, flight safety and professional working manner.
“The wet lease contract of 4 Mi-172s for firefighting in 2017 has once again proved VNH South’s capabilities and reputation. In circumstance of decreasing domestic demand for offshore operations, onshore services expansion in Indonesia- a big potential market of firefighting, passenger/cargo transport and mining is a good opportunity in charting a new direction for the company, contributes to flying hours, revenue, enhances the efficiency of aircraft, consolidates the regional clients and partners’ trust in VNH South’s service quality.” Capt. Le Trong Dong – Director of VNH South said.
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts
- UAE to build unmanned Ka226T
- NYPD Aviation Unit Increases Coverage on Illegally Flown Drones
- HFI Scholarship Applications Now Open
- Georgia Hospital to add helipad
- RCMP Investigate Helicopter Parts Theft
- FAA and GA national #FlySafe Campaign
- Workhorse Announces First Manned Flight of SureFly
- German supplier wins five year Chinook parts contract from Boeing
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone