Nepalese operators have reached a significant milestone with the Airbus Helicopters’ H125 in the Himalayan Kingdom. Seven operators have collectively achieved 50,000 flying hours with an overall fleet of 15 H125.
This important milestone was celebrated in a ceremony held at Rotorcraft Asia which brought together senior Airbus Helicopters management from the region and a delegation of Nepalese operators. Each operator received a small token of appreciation from Philippe Monteux, Senior Vice President and Head of South East Asia & Pacific region.
“The H125 meets all our mission requirements. Its reliability and cost effectiveness enable us to achieve the most demanding flights in a really competitive environment. We look forward to enhancing our collaboration with Airbus Helicopters in the coming years,” said Pavitra Karki, President of the Airlines Operators Association of Nepal.
“Nepal has put its trust in the H125 and we really treasure that. We are dedicated to working with our operators there and with the local civil aviation authority as a team to ensure the Nepalese market gets a world-class and safe helicopter service,” said Philippe Monteux.
The seven operators – Nepalese Army, Shree Airlines, Simrik Air, Fishtail Air, Air Dynasty, Heli Everest, Mountain Helicopters, Altitude Air and Manang Air – are accumulating more than 15,000 hours on their fleet of Airbus Helicopters on an annual basis.
The mission profile for the H125 in Nepal varies from passenger transport and emergency medical services (EMS) to load carrying. The missions require the H125 to be flown above 20,000 feet in hot (ISA+ 30*) conditions on a regular basis.
*ISA+30: International Standards Atmosphere + 30 degree Celsius
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills