Nepalese operators have reached a significant milestone with the Airbus Helicopters’ H125 in the Himalayan Kingdom. Seven operators have collectively achieved 50,000 flying hours with an overall fleet of 15 H125.
This important milestone was celebrated in a ceremony held at Rotorcraft Asia which brought together senior Airbus Helicopters management from the region and a delegation of Nepalese operators. Each operator received a small token of appreciation from Philippe Monteux, Senior Vice President and Head of South East Asia & Pacific region.
“The H125 meets all our mission requirements. Its reliability and cost effectiveness enable us to achieve the most demanding flights in a really competitive environment. We look forward to enhancing our collaboration with Airbus Helicopters in the coming years,” said Pavitra Karki, President of the Airlines Operators Association of Nepal.
“Nepal has put its trust in the H125 and we really treasure that. We are dedicated to working with our operators there and with the local civil aviation authority as a team to ensure the Nepalese market gets a world-class and safe helicopter service,” said Philippe Monteux.
The seven operators – Nepalese Army, Shree Airlines, Simrik Air, Fishtail Air, Air Dynasty, Heli Everest, Mountain Helicopters, Altitude Air and Manang Air – are accumulating more than 15,000 hours on their fleet of Airbus Helicopters on an annual basis.
The mission profile for the H125 in Nepal varies from passenger transport and emergency medical services (EMS) to load carrying. The missions require the H125 to be flown above 20,000 feet in hot (ISA+ 30*) conditions on a regular basis.
*ISA+30: International Standards Atmosphere + 30 degree Celsius
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years