Falcon Aviation, the UAE’s leading business aviation services, charter and aircraft management Company, is bolstering its service offering at its new Dubai South VIP Terminal at Al Maktoum International (DWC), with an inauguration of a new VIP Heliport. The Heliport will be run and managed by Falcon Aviation personnel and will be available to all operators, corporates and private individuals arriving with their business jets at the Dubai South VIP Terminal. Demand is expected especially from customers arriving from all over the GCC, India and the Far East.
The new helipad, situated adjacent to the VIP Terminal, has space for three large executive helicopters. It will be open for use on an ‘as required basis’ with just two hours’ notice. Falcon initially envisages demand for five movements a day and will have two helicopters available for charter, complementing its established fixed wing and helicopter business at Al Bateen Executive Airport, Abu Dhabi.
The Heliport, the first in the region, will facilitate quick and convenient helicopter charters between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in just 30 minutes. Other significant time savings on popular destinations include: Dubai South to Ras Al Khaimah – 45 minutes; Dubai South – Diba, 45 minutes; Dubai South- Fujairah 40 minutes and to Qasr Al Sarab Resort – 1 hour, 15 minutes.
“We are very pleased with our progress as we realise our strategic three part plan to bolster our footprint in Dubai and the UAE,” commented Falcon Aviation’s Chief Pilot Onshore – VVIP Operations & Accountable Manager of Atlantis Helipad Captain George Prentzas. “Our goal is to build important infrastructure in the region, not just for our own operations, but to support others as they expand too.”
“We are very proud to be opening up this important facility that will take clients directly to their destination of choice,” said Captain Raman Oberoi, Falcon Aviation’s COO. “We will have a dedicated team to support the heliport activity, to help with flight planning and pre booking slots.”
We opened our luxurious FBO last December coinciding with MEBAA, and now we are opening the new Falcon Heliport for VIP customers and corporates. Our 20,000 sqm MRO hangar facility is underway and will be completed by end of 2018.
Falcon Aviation will offer dedicated maintenance support for Gulfstream, Embraer and Bombardier aircraft accredited by the GCAA, FAA and EASA. It will also offer 24/7 AOG support and aircraft parking.
- Waypoint Receives Innovation Award in Tianjin
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts
- Lockheed Delivering Next-Generation Apache Sensor Systems
- VNH South receives award from JVPC
- OEAMTC Air Rescue and Reiser Simulation and Training sign LOI
- US Navy orders additional APKWS rocket guidance kits