Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation