Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter