Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award