Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Milestone Aviation opens new office in Sydney
- CHI Aviation Awarded Contract With USTRANSCOM
- Maclean Hospital Closes Helipad
- New Aviation Unit for San Bernardino
- US Navy helicopter squadron puts MQ-8B Fire Scout UAV to work
- Air BP and RocketRoute launch a digital suite of business aviation services under the ‘RocketRoute’ brand
- Vector Aerospace becomes authorized Safran Arriel 2D Repair Centre
- Lockheed Plays Major Role In Strengthening US And Saudi Arabia Ties
- Erickson Announces Leadership Change
- 2017 SOFIC Brings Together Thousands in Support of USSOCOM Acquisition Programs
- AMSTAT to exhibit at EBACE 2017
- Argus Unmanned Creates Safety Partnership Program
- Reopened Kaman K-Max production line reaches first flight
- HAI Director of Safety Outreach Stan Rose speaks at FAA DPE class
- Kamov developing 500 kph coaxial military helicopter
- Relocation for the British Army Helicopter Force
- Peruvian Fire-Fighters Look to Purchasing Mi-171s
- Belarusian Drone Showcased at MILEX 2017
- Bristow Norway Opens Florø Base and Expands Operations
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway