Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication