Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services