Helijet has extended its existing helicopter air service contracts with six of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on the Haida Gwaii Islands and Bella Bella, along the Central-West coast of British Columbia.
Collectively, the air service provisions are valued at over $5 million. Helijet will provide exclusive seasonal helicopter service to resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, flown and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports and within the central coast, at Bella Bella Airport.
Up to six, 13-passenger configured Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remotely located Lodges, which are nestled in along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort lodge clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet’s Manager of Resort Operations, Tammi Lim commented, “The opportunity to renew delivery of our team’s service and safety standards to our partnered lodge clients demonstrates Helijet’s commitment to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet is the leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters to a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts, operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of British Columbia.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and the world’s largest scheduled helicopter airline carrying well over 2.3 million passengers in the past 30 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation