Onboard Systems International, Inc., a leading provider of innovative helicopter cargo hook equipment, today announced that its cargo hook suspension kits for the Bell 206L aircraft have received certification from EASA. Onboard has already received FAA and Transport Canada certification for these cargo hook systems.
“We’re pleased to be able to respond to requests for certification from our European customers who want to install Onboard’s cargo hook equipment on their Bell 206L aircraft,” said Karsten Lemmon, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Onboard Systems. “These cargo hook systems are designed to provide pilots with optimal external load mission performance while using this aircraft.”
The parabolic ramp design in Onboard’s Bell 206L suspension assembly gradually decelerates the rolling trolley to minimize side-to-side impact of the load when the helicopter is in motion. Built-in travel limits keep the hook from striking the airframe and relieve strain on the hook control cables. These low-weight systems are designed for fast installation and removal in the field using ordinary hand tools.
The newly certified cargo hook suspension system kits for the Bell 206L include the TALON LC Keeperless Hook Kit (P/N 200-258-01) and the TALON LC Keeperless Hook Kit with Onboard Weighing System (P/N 200-259-02), which uses Onboard’s pin load cell technology. The pin load cell mounts to one side of the hook by replacing the connecting bolt, rather than attaching as a separate link above the hook. This increases ground clearance by eliminating extra linkage, while still allowing the pilot to know the exact weight of the load. Please contact us for more information.
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test