This weekend Sweden’s first Leonardo AW169 arrived in Östersund. This aircraft is the first in a batch of four AW169s ordered by Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance for its HEMS operations in northern Sweden. The new helicopters will replace the current AS365 Dauphin helicopters in Gällivare, Östersund and Lycksele this year. The forth one will be used as a back-up aircraft.
These are the very first AW169s in the Nordic countries, but more helicopters are already expected. Norwegian Airlift will take delivery of three 169s for its marine pilot hoist transfer operations later this year.
The brand-new medium-sized twin engine AW169, developed by AgustaWestland prior to its name change, was certified by EASA in 2015 and by FAA in 2016. It made its first flight in 2012.
Approximately 50 AW169s have been constructed to date, and many of these are deployed in a wide range of applications worldwide, including HEMS, executive transport, offshore transport and wind farm support.
Photo © Copyright 2017 Dave Haines
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Technical Approvals for Airlift AW169
- EASA clears British AW169 air ambulances to fly
- Leonardo’s AW169 Helicopter selected by The Argentine National Gendarmerie
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- LCI to lease three AW169s to NHV Norwegian subsidiary Airlift
- Corporate and VIP operators across the Americas select AW139, AW169
- Milestone lease AW169 to HeliKorea
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- FAA certifies AW169
- Falcon Aviation presents the world’s first offshore-configured new generation AW169 helicopter to Oil & Gas community
- Rajasthan State holds Open Bidding for Helicopter Procurement
- Unveiling of the First Oil and Gas AW169
- Sloane Helicopters adds AW169 to its Part 145 maintenance approval
- AW169 obtains ANAC Certification
- AW169 obtains maximum gross weight increase certification by EASA
- SAS lands second AW 169 deal with Kent Surrey Sussex
- Leonardo confirms orders from Brazil for mulitiple AW169s
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189