This weekend Sweden’s first Leonardo AW169 arrived in Östersund. This aircraft is the first in a batch of four AW169s ordered by Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance for its HEMS operations in northern Sweden. The new helicopters will replace the current AS365 Dauphin helicopters in Gällivare, Östersund and Lycksele this year. The forth one will be used as a back-up aircraft.
These are the very first AW169s in the Nordic countries, but more helicopters are already expected. Norwegian Airlift will take delivery of three 169s for its marine pilot hoist transfer operations later this year.
The brand-new medium-sized twin engine AW169, developed by AgustaWestland prior to its name change, was certified by EASA in 2015 and by FAA in 2016. It made its first flight in 2012.
Approximately 50 AW169s have been constructed to date, and many of these are deployed in a wide range of applications worldwide, including HEMS, executive transport, offshore transport and wind farm support.
Photo © Copyright 2017 Dave Haines
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance announces name of AW169
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Milestone leases two AW169s to Alidaunia in Italy
- Polar Research Institute of China orders an AW169
- Norwegian Police pick TrakkaBeam searchlight for AW169
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to replace MD902 with AW169
- Denmark – Uni-Fly order two AW169s for wind farm support
- Leonardo exhibits new generation VIP helicopters at the Monaco Yacht Show
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil
- Norway set to place first police order for AW169
- SAS to undertake AW169 pilot training
- SAS delivers next AW169 Air Ambulance
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- Sloane Helicopters expands Leonardo in UK and Ireland with AW169 and GrandNew orders
- Technical Approvals for Airlift AW169