CHC Group announced it has begun operating a 15 month contract to provide Aviation Emergency Response services out of the Australian Navy base at Nowra, on the south coast of New South Wales.
Provision of the interim search and rescue, aeromedical evacuation (AME) and crash response services will be delivered at HMAS Albatross until the proposed commencement of an ADF wide contract in 2018.
CHC now provides search and rescue, AME and crash response services to all three of the Australian Defence Force services in Australia, covering the Royal Australian Air Force, the Army and Navy base beginning this month.
An auto-hover capable AW139 has been delivered from CHC’s global pool of SAR assets and is compliant and certified to the latest standards for crash resistance. The machine has been used to successfully operate similar SAR services in the United Kingdom.
The AW139 aircraft at the Nowra base will provide search and rescue coverage for all naval helicopter operations in support of aircrew training and Royal Australian Navy Fleet exercises in the local sea training areas.
“CHC is very proud to be awarded this interim contract with the Australian Navy and to be able stand service up quickly for them,” said Vince D’Rozario, Regional Director, CHC Asia Pacific. “I would like to thank Navy for the opportunity to serve them and recognise our experienced team at CHC who put this service together with speed and professionalism.”
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%