CHC Group announced it has begun operating a 15 month contract to provide Aviation Emergency Response services out of the Australian Navy base at Nowra, on the south coast of New South Wales.
Provision of the interim search and rescue, aeromedical evacuation (AME) and crash response services will be delivered at HMAS Albatross until the proposed commencement of an ADF wide contract in 2018.
CHC now provides search and rescue, AME and crash response services to all three of the Australian Defence Force services in Australia, covering the Royal Australian Air Force, the Army and Navy base beginning this month.
An auto-hover capable AW139 has been delivered from CHC’s global pool of SAR assets and is compliant and certified to the latest standards for crash resistance. The machine has been used to successfully operate similar SAR services in the United Kingdom.
The AW139 aircraft at the Nowra base will provide search and rescue coverage for all naval helicopter operations in support of aircrew training and Royal Australian Navy Fleet exercises in the local sea training areas.
“CHC is very proud to be awarded this interim contract with the Australian Navy and to be able stand service up quickly for them,” said Vince D’Rozario, Regional Director, CHC Asia Pacific. “I would like to thank Navy for the opportunity to serve them and recognise our experienced team at CHC who put this service together with speed and professionalism.”
- Bell awarded patent for tiltrotor aircraft having pillow block mounted pylon assemblies
- Boeing awarded patent for noise reducing profile for rotor blade tracking wedges
- RJ Helicopter awarded patent for deflection cone in a reaction drive helicopter
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- CAMTS clarifies Lift-Off time definition
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system