BLR Aerospace today announced that its FastFin® Tail Rotor Enhancement and Stability System has been approved by Transport Canada for installation on Canadian registered Airbus H125/AS350 helicopters.
The H125 FastFin System was certified in late 2016 by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and recently received approval from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The System is available to the aftermarket and as a factory-installed STC option on new Airbus H125/AS350 helicopters.
Twenty-five H125 FastFin Systems have been sold to operators in Europe and North America. “BLR is gratified to bring the FastFin System to hard-working H125/AS350 operators in Canada,” said BLR President Mike Carpenter. “It’s a proven, value-enhancing technology that helps make missions more efficient and productive.”
The FastFin System uses advanced airflow management to increase the effectiveness of the H125/AS350 anti-torque system for significant increases to useful load and aircraft stability. Benefits include a useful load increase up to 130 pounds and a 10 percent improvement in pedal margins. In addition to increases in useful load, FastFin System benefits include reductions in pilot workload, easier control in precision hover-hold operations and better management of the yaw axis when hovering in challenging crosswinds.
Currently, there are more than 700 Airbus helicopters operating across Canada, with the H125/AS350 as the most popular aircraft flying today.
“As the single-engine reference for multi-faceted mission requirements, the addition of the BLR FastFin System for the H125 has created a large amount of interest within the Canadian market,” said Romain Trapp, President Airbus Helicopters Canada. “The additional performance will assist in further expanding the mission portfolio of H125 operators, particularly those flying in demanding environments.”
The H125 FastFin System is available to purchase through Airbus Helicopters Canada, Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services and Avialta Helicopters Ltd.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride