Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of training and simulation solutions for government and commercial applications, today announced that it has been selected to provide Image Generation technology as part of the first flight simulator being delivered to Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) in support of its new T-625 helicopter design. The simulator will feature Quantum3D’s Independence® IDX 8000 Series Image Generator (IG), which is Quantum3D’s most powerful IG solution featuring its award-winning MANTIS® scene generation software on a robust PC-based hardware platform.
Initially named “Ozgun” (Turkish for “original”, or “indigenous”), the T-625 is part of a program initiated in 2014 to replace the Turkish Armed Forces’ aging fleet of Bell Helicopter UH-1H Hueys. This simulator is to support the first prototype airframe, currently under development, with volume production anticipated to begin in late 2018. The entire visual system (including displays) for the simulator is being integrated under contract with HAVELSAN, a prominent global software and systems provider based in Ankara, Turkey.
“Helicopter simulation is one of the most demanding applications from a visual system perspective,” said Brian Overy, Quantum3D’s Vice President of Business Development and Sales. “We are excited to be a part of this program with TAI, and this only adds to the momentum of success we’ve been seeing recently as the emerging visual platform of choice in the rotary-wing segment.”
Quantum3D’s new IDX 8000 image generator is built on the latest in visual computing technology, including Intel’s latest Xeon CPUs and NVIDIA’s Quadro P-series GPUs for the best performance, maximum reliability, and the highest levels of scene quality and realism available today. The IDX 8000 includes MANTIS® – Quantum3D’s advanced software for real-time visual simulation. Based on modern GPU shader programming and with its vast array of plug-ins for special effects, MANTIS is well suited to exploit the new levels of hardware power within the IDX 8000. And when packaged with Quantum3D’s GeoScapeSE® World-Wide Database, IDX 8000 provides an out-of-the-box solution that’s ready to fly to thousands of airports, cities, and other destinations around the globe.
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135
- Boulder Transport Starts Helicopter Flights up Front Range
- Luxaviation Helicopters announces strategic partnership with Azur Hélicoptère
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- Marine Corps Aviation Association Awards 2017
- Summit Aviation Receives AS9110 Certificate
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- Boeing awarded $143M contract for 24 AH-64E Apaches modification
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Oregon Dept Fish and Wildlife replaces helicopters with drones
- SAFE Structures partners with Eidos Ergonomics
- Prince George’s County Police Department to expand aviation section
- A New Station Commander for RAF Shawbury
- Norway trials Schiebel Camcopter S-100