Last Friday saw an end of era as second in Command at RNAS Culdrose, the Executive Officer, Commander Ian Fitter handed over to long term Culdrose aviator Commander Paul ‘Rex’ Harrison.
Commander Fitter joined Culdrose as the Executive officer in April 2015.
He thoroughly enjoyed being back home, both professionally, as he spent much of his flying career at Culdrose and to return to the place where he grew up.
Ian is a Helston boy, attending the Community College and growing up in the local area. He felt it was a real privilege for him as local to be second in charge at Culdrose.
Highlights of his time back at Culdrose were developing the long term and strong bond between the Air Station and the local community.
It was fitting that his final act as Commander was the privilege of dancing in the Midday dance at Flora Day.
The new Executive Officer is Commander Paul Harrison, known as Rex, after the My Fair Lady character.
Commander Rex is another long term Culdrose aviator, a ‘Bagman’ as he flew with 849 Naval Air Squadron, known for their distinctive radar, or ‘bags’ on the side of their aircraft.
He has spent much of his time flying here at Culdrose or deployed operationally including the Middle East and Afghanistan.
He is delighted to be back at Culdrose, his adopted home and has family in the local area.
Commander Harrison is looking forward to his new role and will find the varied aspects of the job very enjoyable.
He wishes to maintain the good standing Culdrose has in the local community, as well as exploring new avenues to further strengthen them.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia