Airwork (NZ) Limited have obtained FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (FAA STC) for the MBB BK117‐B2 BK117 Cargo Hook and Mirror Kit.
The BK117 Cargo Hook has a carrying capacity of up to 1200kg. It utilizes the Onboard Systems Cargo Hook with the option of either hydraulic or manual release and can be mounted to either an Airwork manufactured or OEM cargo sling. It comes with a stowage bracket for when not in use. The hydraulic release lever is installed on the collective.
The BK117 Cargo Hook Mirror Kit allows the pilot to view the cargo hook through the lower chin window for improved visibility when performing cargo hook operations. There are single or dual mirror options available and is a very light system.
Approvals – FAA, Transport Canada and CAANZ.
Airwork (NZ) Ltd is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is a diversified aviation business operating in multiple countries providing maintenance support, dynamic component overhaul, turbine support, design, and manufacture. They are an authorized Service Centre for Honeywell, Breeze Eastern, Airbus Helicopters and Kawasaki. Airw
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case