Airwork (NZ) Limited have obtained FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (FAA STC) for the MBB BK117‐B2 BK117 Cargo Hook and Mirror Kit.
The BK117 Cargo Hook has a carrying capacity of up to 1200kg. It utilizes the Onboard Systems Cargo Hook with the option of either hydraulic or manual release and can be mounted to either an Airwork manufactured or OEM cargo sling. It comes with a stowage bracket for when not in use. The hydraulic release lever is installed on the collective.
The BK117 Cargo Hook Mirror Kit allows the pilot to view the cargo hook through the lower chin window for improved visibility when performing cargo hook operations. There are single or dual mirror options available and is a very light system.
Approvals – FAA, Transport Canada and CAANZ.
Airwork (NZ) Ltd is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is a diversified aviation business operating in multiple countries providing maintenance support, dynamic component overhaul, turbine support, design, and manufacture. They are an authorized Service Centre for Honeywell, Breeze Eastern, Airbus Helicopters and Kawasaki. Airw
- Terma Survivability Equipment installed on Dutch NH90
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- Tokyo Police becomes first Japanese H215 operator
- Bell awarded $27M contract for Production and Delivery of 4 Bell 412EP helicopters
- Bell awarded $147M contract for the repair of 35 items on UH-1Y and AH-IZ
- Petronas cancels MHS EC225 contract citing safety concerns
- New Helipad for San Antonio hospital
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- Safran Ardiden 3G obtains EASA type certification
- VSR700 demonstrator performs first autonomous flights
- Spirit starts assembly on the next CH-53K
- Astronautics to Provide Connectivity Solution for Airbus
- Russian Helicopters at Paris Air Show 2017
- HAI Heli-Expo 2018 Application for Space Available
- Mumbai to use UAVs to monitor illegal construction work
- United Arab Emirates Begins Unmanned Ka-226T Production
- Egypt to Sign for Ka-52K Katrans
- Russian Helicopters moves forward on Chinese JV heavy-lift helicopter
- Airbus signs its first HCare Smart contract with Fishtail Air