Airwork (NZ) Limited have obtained FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (FAA STC) for the MBB BK117‐B2 BK117 Cargo Hook and Mirror Kit.
The BK117 Cargo Hook has a carrying capacity of up to 1200kg. It utilizes the Onboard Systems Cargo Hook with the option of either hydraulic or manual release and can be mounted to either an Airwork manufactured or OEM cargo sling. It comes with a stowage bracket for when not in use. The hydraulic release lever is installed on the collective.
The BK117 Cargo Hook Mirror Kit allows the pilot to view the cargo hook through the lower chin window for improved visibility when performing cargo hook operations. There are single or dual mirror options available and is a very light system.
Approvals – FAA, Transport Canada and CAANZ.
Airwork (NZ) Ltd is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is a diversified aviation business operating in multiple countries providing maintenance support, dynamic component overhaul, turbine support, design, and manufacture. They are an authorized Service Centre for Honeywell, Breeze Eastern, Airbus Helicopters and Kawasaki. Airw
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad