Airwork (NZ) Limited have obtained FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (FAA STC) for the MBB BK117‐B2 BK117 Cargo Hook and Mirror Kit.
The BK117 Cargo Hook has a carrying capacity of up to 1200kg. It utilizes the Onboard Systems Cargo Hook with the option of either hydraulic or manual release and can be mounted to either an Airwork manufactured or OEM cargo sling. It comes with a stowage bracket for when not in use. The hydraulic release lever is installed on the collective.
The BK117 Cargo Hook Mirror Kit allows the pilot to view the cargo hook through the lower chin window for improved visibility when performing cargo hook operations. There are single or dual mirror options available and is a very light system.
Approvals – FAA, Transport Canada and CAANZ.
Airwork (NZ) Ltd is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is a diversified aviation business operating in multiple countries providing maintenance support, dynamic component overhaul, turbine support, design, and manufacture. They are an authorized Service Centre for Honeywell, Breeze Eastern, Airbus Helicopters and Kawasaki. Airw
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023