Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a 7-year support contract with BAAINBw (Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support) to support RTM322-powered NH90 operated by the German Army (Heer) and German Navy (Marine). This contract will support a total fleet of around 100 NH90 (82 TTH and 18 NTH).
Formerly supported by previous RTM322 program shareholder local subsidiary, engines operated by German Armed Forces are now fully supported by Safran Helicopter Engines. This contract will provide maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) for this engine fleet. It will be managed by Safran Helicopter Germany.
BAAINBw representative, commented: “With this contract, German Army and Navy will benefit from a very effective engine-support for their RTM322 engines, especially during their operational tasks. This contract is the result of a very good and fruitful partnership between us and Safran Helicopter Engines”
Franck Saudo, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support and Services, commented: “This contract represent a major milestone in RTM 322 support history and we are very proud of the confidence BAAINBw has placed in us.”
Safran RTM322 is a 2,100 to 2,600 shaft horse-power engine designed for ten-to-fifteen ton helicopters. It powers NH Industries NH90 and Leonardo Helicopters EH101 Merlin, and British Apache. With 1,100 engines delivered, and 1,3 million flying hours already logged, the RTM 322 powers 80% of the world’s fleet of NH90 helicopters and 60% of in-service EH101.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%