CHC Group announced it has signed a contract with Sikorsky for the lease of two new generation Sikorsky S-92 search and rescue (SAR) helicopters. The aircraft, due to arrive and be ready for operation in September and October 2017, will support CHC’s helicopter services contract with Statoil, and play a vital role in the overall emergency response capacity on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Statoil has extended the duration of the contract for CHC to provide SAR services across Statoil’s Norwegian sector platforms through 2020 and optional extensions are available through 2024.
“CHC has more than 50 years of experience in search and rescue operations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and is a leading service provider within Norway,” stated Arne Roland, CHC Regional Director for Nordic Countries, Eastern Europe, Caspian and Canada (NECC.) “The new aircraft, together with our extended contract with Statoil, extends and increases the essential work we provide to Statoil and helps further the future advancement of SAR expertise in the region.”
The two S-92s were acquired as part of CHC’s agreement with Milestone Aviation Group to serve as CHC’s lead lessor for its go-forward fleet of helicopters. The S-92 reached more than one million fleet hours of service last year.
The new generation S-92 will offer state-of-the-art technology, including active vibration control, composite blades, and other advanced safety features. Further, the aircraft’s health and usage monitoring systems will assist CHC in helping to ensure availability, reliability and safety for each new helicopter.
“Our team at CHC has been working hard to make sure we’re best positioned to meet our customers’ needs,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter. “We remain keenly focused on providing the best value possible and appreciate the ongoing support of Statoil as represented by their decision to partner with us for these critical services.”
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point