Schiebel’s sophisticated Unmanned Air System (UAS) was presented to the Norwegian Coastguard, Royal Norwegian Navy, Royal Norwegian Airforce, Norwegian Coastal Administration, Police Directorate as well as other Norwegian authorities during demanding trials at Andøya Test Center (ATC).
During the event held in Northern Norway, approximately 300 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle, the CAMCOPTER® S-100 performed a series of challenging demonstration flights in the second week of May.
Taking off from Andøya Air Base the S-100 presented itself as a highly valuable asset for coastal patrol tasks. Not only did the CAMCOPTER® S-100 again prove its capacity for providing essential data – such as the high-quality real-time EO/IR footage generated by L3 Wescam’s MX-10 – but also successfully tracked vessels and found persons gone overboard.
In a separate exercise the CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS convinced the participants with its impressive range clearance capability. Here, an area of around 2 500 km² was scanned for vessels.
As Gunnar Jan Olsen, ATC’s CEO, noted, “It was a pleasure to finally see the S-100 flying in Norway. Due to the great feedback of the representatives of the local authorities present during these two demo days, I am confident that this will not be the last time we see Schiebel around here.”
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion
- Voom’s helicopter commuting service launches in Mexico City
- Leonardo boosts international growth
- PHI Announces Appointment of new Director to Board of Directors
- AAMS Board of Directors – Open Call for Region 1 Director
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- Enstrom 280FXs accepted by the Global Services and Solutions of Pakistan
- Airbus appoints new Distributor and Service Center in Turkey
- FX Helicopters Offers New Training Opportunities
- Dallas Airmotive celebrates two new Authorized Service Centers
- UNC helicopter now based at Nash UNC Health Care
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded