[HeliHub editor note – this press release is verbatim from Leonardo, so if you want to comment on the wording…..]
Growing success of helicopters Sloane Helicopters in the United Kingdom and Ireland . At the air show EBACE in Geneva just ended, Sloane Helicopters , distribution company of AgustaWestland VIP aircraft for the region, has announced new orders for both the light twin-engine GrandNew both the light intermediate helicopter AW169 .
In the first case, the orders relate to a GrandNew in VIP configuration intended for the same Sloane , under the current distribution agreement with expected delivery by the establishment of Vergiate (Varese) in 2018, and a further machine of the same type that the company of distribution will deliver in 2018 to a private customer. As for the ‘ AW169 , Sloane Helicopters has signed a contract for a specimen with a private operator who already receive this year. Particularly significant is the value of this order: it is the fifth AW169 for VIP transport tasks for the area of the United Kingdom and ‘ Ireland , a result that consolidates the leadership of Leonardo in the market thanks to the best performance, advanced technology, high reliability, to modern safety standards and quality of support services that characterize both the ‘ AW169 is the GrandNew .
The contracts announced today represent the culmination of a successful year for collaboration between Leonardo and Sloane Helicopters : in the last twelve months have been sold six aircraft models GrandNew and AW169 , including new and used, for various private clients in the UK and Ireland . It is a twenty partnership, initiated in 1995, which has so far allowed the sale in the geographic area of more than 70 single and twin engine aircraft belonging to the models AW119 , AB206 , different versions of the AW109 and Grand / GrandNew . Its customers include also the 32nd Squadron of the Royal Air Force, responsible for transport, in the UK and Europe, military leaders and representatives of the UK Government. Leonardo is a world leader in helicopter VIP twin engine, with a share of 50 percent of the market.
The distribution agreement with Sloane Helicopters has guaranteed to end users multiple benefits enabling a significant reduction in delivery times, quick responses to the needs of workers and access to a full range of support services, all distinctive elements of the primacy Leonardo in helicopter transport executive in UK and Ireland . Sloane Helicopters also operates as an authorized service center for maintenance of most GrandNew and all AW169 VIP in the region, also providing training services for helicopters Leonardo UK.
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil
- Norway set to place first police order for AW169
- SAS to undertake AW169 pilot training
- SAS delivers next AW169 Air Ambulance
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- Technical Approvals for Airlift AW169
- EASA clears British AW169 air ambulances to fly
- First Leonardo AW169 arrives in Sweden
- Leonardo’s AW169 Helicopter selected by The Argentine National Gendarmerie
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- LCI to lease three AW169s to NHV Norwegian subsidiary Airlift
- Corporate and VIP operators across the Americas select AW139, AW169
- Milestone lease AW169 to HeliKorea
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector