The Heli UK Expo event on June 1-3 provided the launch for the new Bell representatives in the UK. While Heli Charter continue maintenance and operations as before, but have in recent months ceased being both a Bell CSF (Certified Service Facility) and a Bell IR (Independent Representative). This is due to the medical condition of company owner Ken Wills, which he has chosen to publish on the internet via his Curing Ken website.
Gary Slater, previously sales manager of Heli Charter, has set up new company Helix AV with Stephen Purchase with each owning 50% of the shares. Slater told HeliHub.com at Heli UK Expo 2017 that they were appointed IR (Independent Representative) status on 1st May as Bell was keen to have a continued presence in the popular UK market and Heli Centre was not in a position to provide a long-term commitment. Initially Helix AV are renting office space from Heli Charter, but the longer-term view is that an airfield location is not a pre-requisite and they may move elsewhere later in the year.
At Heli UK Expo, Helix AV were showing a year-old Bell 407GXP (see below) – the same aircraft Heli Charter showed at the same event last year, although it carried an FAA “N” registration at that time. Slater is expecting twelve Bell 505s in the UK market over the next three years, with three in 2017, four in 2018 and five in 2019. He has been told by Bell that FAA and EASA certification is expected in August 2017, with the European paperwork following within a week of their American counterparts.
Stephen Purchase previously worked for Gresham Computing for over 20 years, leaving that company in November 2007. Through his company Aerospeed Ltd, he currently owns ten Bell 206s – comprising six Bell 206Bs, two Bell 206Ls and a pair of Agusta-Bell 206Bs. Four of the ten helicopters are currently stored, and the remaining six are active and usually leased out to operators. Recently three of these six have been handed back to Aerospeed by Helicentre Aviation after their customer National Grid chose to move their gas pipeline patrol contract from Bell 206s to Robinson R44 Raven IIs (see story).
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Donaldson delivers first IBF for Bell 505
- Helitowcart adapts solutions for B505
- Bell delivers three 505s to Canadian customers
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Achieves FAA Certification
- Heliponents receives tentative B505 Service Center Approval
- Hubei Tongcheng General Aviation sign for two Bell 505s
- Safran signs Bell Helicopter’s Training Academy for first Bell 505 customer support contract
- Bell and DART partner for B505 emergency flotation system STC
- Bell and Safran celebrates first Bell 505 Jet Ranger X delivery
- East West starts seat deliveries for Bell 505
- Australia certifies Bell 505
- Quebec Government celebrates the Bell 505
- Avmax partners with True Blue Power to certify lithium-ion main ship battery
- Bell CEO Talks of Market Decline
- Bell and Mecaer Announce MAGnificent Interior for Bell 505
- Duties Lifted For Light Helicopters in Eurasian Economic Union
- Yuhi Airlines Signs for Bell 505
- Bell lauches Customer Advatage Plan in Japan
- Helitech 2016: ITT Shake Guru addresses Bell 525 and 505 flight