According to a new amendment of the contract, Aero Vodochody will produce cockpits for Black Hawks at least until year 2023.
Aero Vodochody produces fully equipped cockpits for UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters since 2011. “The Black Hawk program is one of the strategic programs in our aerostructures production. The extension of the contract for five more years is a sign of our reliability and also of our strong relationship with our customer”, said Giuseppe Giordo, president of Aero Vodochody.
Aero delivers the Black Hawk cockpits as a dual-source to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, which belongs to Lockheed Martin group. By the end of May 2017, Aero delivered 240 cockpits for UH-60M. Aero and Sikorsky cooperate also on S-76 program, where Aero produces whole helicopter airframe ready for installation of dynamic parts. These programs are demonstration of capabilities of Aero in helicopter production.
In the international cooperation, Aero profiles itself as a risk-sharing partner to main aerospace companies and collaborates for example with Embraer on KC-390 program and with Bombardier on CSeries aircraft program. In the future, Aero – the biggest Czech aircraft manufacturer would like to extend its production in helicopter sector.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30