According to a new amendment of the contract, Aero Vodochody will produce cockpits for Black Hawks at least until year 2023.
Aero Vodochody produces fully equipped cockpits for UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters since 2011. “The Black Hawk program is one of the strategic programs in our aerostructures production. The extension of the contract for five more years is a sign of our reliability and also of our strong relationship with our customer”, said Giuseppe Giordo, president of Aero Vodochody.
Aero delivers the Black Hawk cockpits as a dual-source to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, which belongs to Lockheed Martin group. By the end of May 2017, Aero delivered 240 cockpits for UH-60M. Aero and Sikorsky cooperate also on S-76 program, where Aero produces whole helicopter airframe ready for installation of dynamic parts. These programs are demonstration of capabilities of Aero in helicopter production.
In the international cooperation, Aero profiles itself as a risk-sharing partner to main aerospace companies and collaborates for example with Embraer on KC-390 program and with Bombardier on CSeries aircraft program. In the future, Aero – the biggest Czech aircraft manufacturer would like to extend its production in helicopter sector.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years