According to a new amendment of the contract, Aero Vodochody will produce cockpits for Black Hawks at least until year 2023.
Aero Vodochody produces fully equipped cockpits for UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters since 2011. “The Black Hawk program is one of the strategic programs in our aerostructures production. The extension of the contract for five more years is a sign of our reliability and also of our strong relationship with our customer”, said Giuseppe Giordo, president of Aero Vodochody.
Aero delivers the Black Hawk cockpits as a dual-source to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, which belongs to Lockheed Martin group. By the end of May 2017, Aero delivered 240 cockpits for UH-60M. Aero and Sikorsky cooperate also on S-76 program, where Aero produces whole helicopter airframe ready for installation of dynamic parts. These programs are demonstration of capabilities of Aero in helicopter production.
In the international cooperation, Aero profiles itself as a risk-sharing partner to main aerospace companies and collaborates for example with Embraer on KC-390 program and with Bombardier on CSeries aircraft program. In the future, Aero – the biggest Czech aircraft manufacturer would like to extend its production in helicopter sector.
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract
- Panama receives two more AW139s
- Bristow Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Third Quarter Earnings
- Cornwall Air Ambulance flies 670 missions with two MD902s in 2017
- DEQ fines Columbia Helicopters
- ForeFlight Co-Founders Honored with Living Legends Award
- Airbus appoints new Chairman and CEO in China