Boeing [NYSE: BA] today confirmed that a 737 MAX 9 flight test airplane will participate in the flying display at the Paris Air Show, which runs June 19-25 at Paris-Le Bourget Airport.
The 737 MAX 9 completed its first flight in April, while Boeing and Malindo Air celebrated the first delivery of the 737 MAX 8 last month. The 737 MAX is the fastest-selling airplane in Boeing history, accumulating more than 3,700 orders to date from 87 customers worldwide.
Boeing also will bring to the show a 787-10 Dreamliner flight test airplane. The 787-10 is the newest and largest model of the 787 family with unmatched economics. The 787-10 completed its first flight in March and is scheduled to enter commercial service in 2018.
Additionally, Boeing customers and partners will bring several aircraft to Le Bourget. Qatar Airways plans to present a 777-300ER, showcasing its newly designed business class interior. The U.S. Department of Defense is scheduled to display several Boeing platforms: the P-8A anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare aircraft, the V-22 multirole tilt-rotor aircraft, the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, and the CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift helicopter.
Senior Boeing leaders at the show will include Chairman, President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg, and the heads of the company’s three business units, Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Kevin McAllister, Boeing Defense, Space & Security President and CEO Leanne Caret, and Boeing Global Services President and CEO Stan Deal.
“We are excited to share our innovative commercial and defense platforms, and services capabilities with customers and other key stakeholders from around the world”, said Marc Allen, president, Boeing International.
Boeing will hold a series of briefings for the news media during the show. Accredited members of the media should check the daily briefing and announcement schedule at the Media Centre and the Boeing media chalet, located in the chalet rows at A332 for updates.
Monday, June 19
10.00 Boeing Commercial Airplanes Update – Roland Garros Auditorium (Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Kevin McAllister assesses current industry and market conditions and provides an update on Boeing commercial airplane products and services, development programs and product investments.
Tuesday, June 20 – Thursday, June 22
The 737 MAX 9 and 787-10 will be available for tours to accredited members of the news media:
- Tuesday, June 20, 12.00-13.00
- Wednesday, June 21, 12.00-13.00 (737 MAX 9 only)
- Thursday, June 22, 12.00-13.00 (737 MAX 9 only)
Due to limited capacity, please register for tours in advance at the Boeing Media Chalet (A332)
Tuesday, June 20
10.00 2017 Current Market Outlook/Services Market Outlook –Boeing Media Chalet Theatre (A332)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President of Marketing Randy Tinseth unveils 2017 Current Market Outlook/Services Market Outlook and addresses current industry and commercial aviation market conditions.
11.30 BCA Integrated Development Strategy – Boeing Media Chalet Theatre (A332)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President and General Manager of Airplane Development Mike Delaney will give a briefing on executing our integrated development strategy and investing in our future
Wednesday, June 21
10.00 Innovating the Future of Commercial Airplanes – Boeing Media Chalet Theatre (A332)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President of Product Development Mike Sinnett, will present exciting new opportunities that will improve the efficiency, economics and environmental performance of future Boeing products.
Note: All times listed above are local to Paris.
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- MD Helicopters building fifth MD520N in eight years
- ALEA Releases Standards for Public Safety sUAS Programs
- HeliOffshore updates HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Russian Helicopters working on new Mi-26 upgrade
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- First Mi-28UB helicopters ready to be transferred
- First helicopter deck landing for RFA Tidespring
- Further speakers announced for UK EMS conference
- Russian Helicopter hold promotional event in Mexico
- FlightSafety promotes Scott Goodwin
- XTI reports more orders for VTOL TriFan 600 from NBAA Conference
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Safran appoints Executive Vice-President of Operations
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs