Boeing [NYSE: BA] today confirmed that a 737 MAX 9 flight test airplane will participate in the flying display at the Paris Air Show, which runs June 19-25 at Paris-Le Bourget Airport.
The 737 MAX 9 completed its first flight in April, while Boeing and Malindo Air celebrated the first delivery of the 737 MAX 8 last month. The 737 MAX is the fastest-selling airplane in Boeing history, accumulating more than 3,700 orders to date from 87 customers worldwide.
Boeing also will bring to the show a 787-10 Dreamliner flight test airplane. The 787-10 is the newest and largest model of the 787 family with unmatched economics. The 787-10 completed its first flight in March and is scheduled to enter commercial service in 2018.
Additionally, Boeing customers and partners will bring several aircraft to Le Bourget. Qatar Airways plans to present a 777-300ER, showcasing its newly designed business class interior. The U.S. Department of Defense is scheduled to display several Boeing platforms: the P-8A anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare aircraft, the V-22 multirole tilt-rotor aircraft, the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, and the CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift helicopter.
Senior Boeing leaders at the show will include Chairman, President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg, and the heads of the company’s three business units, Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Kevin McAllister, Boeing Defense, Space & Security President and CEO Leanne Caret, and Boeing Global Services President and CEO Stan Deal.
“We are excited to share our innovative commercial and defense platforms, and services capabilities with customers and other key stakeholders from around the world”, said Marc Allen, president, Boeing International.
Boeing will hold a series of briefings for the news media during the show. Accredited members of the media should check the daily briefing and announcement schedule at the Media Centre and the Boeing media chalet, located in the chalet rows at A332 for updates.
Monday, June 19
10.00 Boeing Commercial Airplanes Update – Roland Garros Auditorium (Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Kevin McAllister assesses current industry and market conditions and provides an update on Boeing commercial airplane products and services, development programs and product investments.
Tuesday, June 20 – Thursday, June 22
The 737 MAX 9 and 787-10 will be available for tours to accredited members of the news media:
- Tuesday, June 20, 12.00-13.00
- Wednesday, June 21, 12.00-13.00 (737 MAX 9 only)
- Thursday, June 22, 12.00-13.00 (737 MAX 9 only)
Due to limited capacity, please register for tours in advance at the Boeing Media Chalet (A332)
Tuesday, June 20
10.00 2017 Current Market Outlook/Services Market Outlook –Boeing Media Chalet Theatre (A332)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President of Marketing Randy Tinseth unveils 2017 Current Market Outlook/Services Market Outlook and addresses current industry and commercial aviation market conditions.
11.30 BCA Integrated Development Strategy – Boeing Media Chalet Theatre (A332)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President and General Manager of Airplane Development Mike Delaney will give a briefing on executing our integrated development strategy and investing in our future
Wednesday, June 21
10.00 Innovating the Future of Commercial Airplanes – Boeing Media Chalet Theatre (A332)
Boeing Commercial Airplanes Vice President of Product Development Mike Sinnett, will present exciting new opportunities that will improve the efficiency, economics and environmental performance of future Boeing products.
Note: All times listed above are local to Paris.
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189
- Forecast for Global Military Helicopter Market 2017-2026
- Royal Navy announces Osprey Trophy winner
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- PCX Aerostructures awarded $8M contract for right connecting links for the Apache AH-64 weapon system
- Helipad Events for Shangri-La Hotel
- Bristow vocalise current H225 thought process
- AHS announces results of annual Student Design Competition
- Spectrum Releases New Carbon Fiber 3200 Series
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil