Boeing [NYSE: BA] is taking the next step in making its Defense, Space & Security (BDS) unit more globally competitive by eliminating a layer of executive oversight.
“We need to be an agile organization that is more responsive to customers’ needs and committed to continually improving productivity,” said Defense, Space & Security President and CEO Leanne Caret. “We are fundamentally addressing how we compete, win, and grow in Boeing’s second century.”
As of July 1, the current Boeing Military Aircraft and Network & Space Systems segments will evolve into smaller entities reporting to Caret.
- Autonomous Systems: Insitu and Liquid Robotics subsidiaries; Echo Voyager maritime vehicle; vertical lift unmanned systems; and certain electronic and information systems.
- Space and Missile Systems: satellites; Boeing’s share of United Launch Alliance; the International Space Station; Ground-based Midcourse Defense; Ground Based Strategic Deterrent; Joint Direct Attack Munition and Harpoon weapons, among others.
- Strike, Surveillance and Mobility: F-15 and F/A-18 fighters; P-8 maritime patrol aircraft; Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System; modifications/upgrades to fixed-wing aircraft.
- Vertical Lift: AH-6i, AH-64 Apache, and CH-47 Chinook helicopters; V-22 Osprey tilt rotor.
Boeing executives Chris Raymond, Jim Chilton, Shelley Lavender, and David Koopersmith will lead those, respectively. The Development, Global Operations, and Phantom Works segments, which also report to Caret, will largely be unchanged. About 50 executive positions will be affected this year as a result of the changes.
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- MD Helicopters building fifth MD520N in eight years
- ALEA Releases Standards for Public Safety sUAS Programs
- HeliOffshore updates HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Russian Helicopters working on new Mi-26 upgrade
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- First Mi-28UB helicopters ready to be transferred
- First helicopter deck landing for RFA Tidespring
- Further speakers announced for UK EMS conference
- Russian Helicopter hold promotional event in Mexico
- FlightSafety promotes Scott Goodwin
- XTI reports more orders for VTOL TriFan 600 from NBAA Conference
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Safran appoints Executive Vice-President of Operations
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs