Rosoboronexport, a member of Rostec, expects a heightened interest of foreign customers in Russian aircraft and AD systems at the International Paris Air Show 2017. This largest aviation show in the world is to take place in Le Bourget, France, on June 19-25.
“Rosoboronexport witnesses heightened interest in modern aviation equipment on the world market. Over the past five years its share accounted for at least 40 percent of the total export of the company. It is in the aviation sector we got the largest contracts out of more than 1,000 signed in 2016,” reports Director General Alexander Mikheev of Rosoboronexport.
Paris Air Show 2017’s guests will see Russian aviation equipment and weapons demanded on the world arms market. Russia’s modern combat aviation sector at Le Bourget will include the MiG-29M/M2 multi-role fighter, Su-35 multi-role supermaneuverable fighter, Su-30MK series aircraft, and Yak-130 combat-trainer.
Among helicopters, good export potential belongs to the Ka-52 scout-attack gunship, Mi-28NE attack helicopter, Mi-35 attack helicopter with troop carrying capacity, Ka-226T light multi-purpose day-and-night helicopter, and Mi-26T2 heavy transport.
Also, Rosoboronexport will be bringing modern Russian AD systems, namely the Antey-2500 SAM system, Buk-M2E SAM systems, unique Pantsir-S1 gun-missile system, and Verba man portable AD system.
All in all, Russia’s special arms exporter anticipate to strengthen its positions in the world aviation and AD market. “We expect this trend of growing demand for combat aviation and AD equipment to persist in the mid run. Russia will maintain and even improve its leading stance on the market. With new competitive Russian products coming to the market, the company has every right to anticipate more orders, particularly from Asia-Pacific, Mideastern Arab and Latin American countries,” adds Alexander Mikheev.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30