Leonardo and Sino-US Intercontinental Helicopter Investment (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. announced today a further reinforcement of their strategic cooperation in the Chinese helicopter market. During an official ceremony held at the Paris Air Show, the parties announced the signing of a contract for the purchase of 17 helicopters comprising 2 AW119Kx single engine, 10 AW109 Trekker light twin and 5 AW139 intermediate twin engine models. The order is valued in excess of €100 million, with deliveries starting later this year.
The contract was signed in the framework of a Distributorship Agreement renewal, which also foresees the purchase of additional aircraft in the next three years, and makes Sino-US Intercontinental the exclusive distributor for the Chinese civil, commercial and offshore helicopter market (including Hong Kong and Macau). Furthermore, the exclusivity under the Distributorship Agreement will be extended to the entire Chinese helicopter market no later than mid-2019. The parties are also committed to strengthening the level of after-sales service with joint efforts aimed at establishing a completion centre and additional local training services, providing further evidence of the intention of Leonardo to deliver the best level of support to the benefit of the growing helicopter fleet in China.
Sino-US Intercontinental has so far placed orders for nearly 100 helicopters comprising AW119Kx, GrandNew, AW109 Trekker, AW169, AW139 and AW189 and has established the largest EMS (Emergency Medical Service) helicopter programme nationwide in China. The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with almost 200 helicopters sold to Chinese customers to date for commercial and public services. The growing fleet is supported by an increased customer support presence, recently enhanced by the opening of a major warehouse facility in Shanghai.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride