As the public might be aware, effective April 25th, 2017, to conduct operations under FAR Part 135 using a Robinson R44, an operator had to get the aircraft equipped with a “Radio Altimeter”.
On June 5th, 2017 the FAA published Change 527 to 8900.1 (Part A Operations Specification) this change effectively extended the compliance date for the Robinson R44 to October 24th, 2018.
If you wish to take advantage of the above extended compliance date and delay the equipping of your aircraft with a “Radio Altimeter” and be able to continue operations under FAR Part 135 you must still apply for a “Letter of Deviation Authority” per OpSpec A160.
This LoD Authority allows you to operate without a Radar Altimeter for Part 135 operations until October 24, 2018 or until your Radio Altimeter is installed, whichever occurs sooner.
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Bristow CEO describes the three commandments of safety
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Sikorsky Sponsors Educational Scholarship through the MedEvac
- Waypoint Receives Innovation Award in Tianjin
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts