As the public might be aware, effective April 25th, 2017, to conduct operations under FAR Part 135 using a Robinson R44, an operator had to get the aircraft equipped with a “Radio Altimeter”.
On June 5th, 2017 the FAA published Change 527 to 8900.1 (Part A Operations Specification) this change effectively extended the compliance date for the Robinson R44 to October 24th, 2018.
If you wish to take advantage of the above extended compliance date and delay the equipping of your aircraft with a “Radio Altimeter” and be able to continue operations under FAR Part 135 you must still apply for a “Letter of Deviation Authority” per OpSpec A160.
This LoD Authority allows you to operate without a Radar Altimeter for Part 135 operations until October 24, 2018 or until your Radio Altimeter is installed, whichever occurs sooner.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride