As the public might be aware, effective April 25th, 2017, to conduct operations under FAR Part 135 using a Robinson R44, an operator had to get the aircraft equipped with a “Radio Altimeter”.
On June 5th, 2017 the FAA published Change 527 to 8900.1 (Part A Operations Specification) this change effectively extended the compliance date for the Robinson R44 to October 24th, 2018.
If you wish to take advantage of the above extended compliance date and delay the equipping of your aircraft with a “Radio Altimeter” and be able to continue operations under FAR Part 135 you must still apply for a “Letter of Deviation Authority” per OpSpec A160.
This LoD Authority allows you to operate without a Radar Altimeter for Part 135 operations until October 24, 2018 or until your Radio Altimeter is installed, whichever occurs sooner.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017