As the public might be aware, effective April 25th, 2017, to conduct operations under FAR Part 135 using a Robinson R44, an operator had to get the aircraft equipped with a “Radio Altimeter”.
On June 5th, 2017 the FAA published Change 527 to 8900.1 (Part A Operations Specification) this change effectively extended the compliance date for the Robinson R44 to October 24th, 2018.
If you wish to take advantage of the above extended compliance date and delay the equipping of your aircraft with a “Radio Altimeter” and be able to continue operations under FAR Part 135 you must still apply for a “Letter of Deviation Authority” per OpSpec A160.
This LoD Authority allows you to operate without a Radar Altimeter for Part 135 operations until October 24, 2018 or until your Radio Altimeter is installed, whichever occurs sooner.
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills