St. David’s Georgetown Hospital announced today the opening of a new helipad and the completion of its parking lot expansion, which includes 81 additional spaces.
A new helipad will save time in transporting critical patients to and from St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. The additional parking spaces are necessary to meet the growth in volume of patients and employees.
“We have patients from all over the state transported via air ambulance to St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, and a new helipad will allow us to better serve critically ill or injured patients,” Hugh Brown, chief executive officer of St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, said.
The helipad and additional parking are among the latest capital investments for St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. In February, the hospital completed renovations to the emergency department, which included five additional treatment spaces.
In November 2016, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital completed the construction of a new driveway and signs along I-35 to provide improved, more visible access to the hospital for emergency vehicles, patients and employees.
St. David’s HealthCare continues to invest in capital improvements in Georgetown—one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.—to meet the need for high quality healthcare close to home.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case