St. David’s Georgetown Hospital announced today the opening of a new helipad and the completion of its parking lot expansion, which includes 81 additional spaces.
A new helipad will save time in transporting critical patients to and from St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. The additional parking spaces are necessary to meet the growth in volume of patients and employees.
“We have patients from all over the state transported via air ambulance to St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, and a new helipad will allow us to better serve critically ill or injured patients,” Hugh Brown, chief executive officer of St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, said.
The helipad and additional parking are among the latest capital investments for St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. In February, the hospital completed renovations to the emergency department, which included five additional treatment spaces.
In November 2016, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital completed the construction of a new driveway and signs along I-35 to provide improved, more visible access to the hospital for emergency vehicles, patients and employees.
St. David’s HealthCare continues to invest in capital improvements in Georgetown—one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.—to meet the need for high quality healthcare close to home.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%