St. David’s Georgetown Hospital announced today the opening of a new helipad and the completion of its parking lot expansion, which includes 81 additional spaces.
A new helipad will save time in transporting critical patients to and from St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. The additional parking spaces are necessary to meet the growth in volume of patients and employees.
“We have patients from all over the state transported via air ambulance to St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, and a new helipad will allow us to better serve critically ill or injured patients,” Hugh Brown, chief executive officer of St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, said.
The helipad and additional parking are among the latest capital investments for St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. In February, the hospital completed renovations to the emergency department, which included five additional treatment spaces.
In November 2016, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital completed the construction of a new driveway and signs along I-35 to provide improved, more visible access to the hospital for emergency vehicles, patients and employees.
St. David’s HealthCare continues to invest in capital improvements in Georgetown—one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.—to meet the need for high quality healthcare close to home.
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award
- AECOM awarded $442 Million Fort Rucker training contract