Rosoboronexport, a member of Rostec, signed a contract with Bangladesh’s Air Force for supply of five Mi-171Sh military transport helicopters. The signing ceremony was held in presence of the Chief of the Air Staff of the Bangladesh Air Force, Chief Air Marshal Abu Esrar.
“Bangladesh is focused on upgrading the national aircraft pool. We are happy that the state picked Russian high-quality equipment. We signed a contract to supply five Mi-171Sh helicopters to our partners. This is to be implemented in 2018,” said Director General Alexander Mikheev of Rosoboronexport.
The fact that the contract was signed attests to stable high-level cooperation between Russia and Bangladesh. Rosoboronexport delivered Mi-17s, Yak-130 combat-trainers, and armored equipment to the Bangladeshi Ministry of Defense between 2013 and 2016.
“We negotiated with the Bangladesh delegation visiting HeliRussia-2017 late in May this year. Russian aviation equipment piqued the interest of not only representatives of the country’s Armed Forces but other agencies as well. Besides, Rosoboronexport conducts consultations for supply of civilian Ansats and Mi-171s to Bangladesh,” added Alexander Mikheev.
In 2006-2016, no one ever surpassed Russian Mi-17s on the world market of medium utility and military-transport helicopters as far as volume of sales goes. With 800 exported, this helicopter left all its foreign counterparts put together lagging behind.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017