The French Gendarmerie Nationale is replacing its trust in Airbus Helicopters’ EC145 with the purchase of an additional aircraft to be delivered in 2018. The aircraft will be delivered in the same configuration as the existing Gendarmerie fleet, with mission equipment notably including a hoist, search light, sling, and specific radios. Fourteen EC145s are currently being operated by the Gendarmerie Nationale for their critical law enforcement and public services missions.
“The EC145 is an important asset to the Gendarmerie Nationale” said Colonel Emmanuel Sillon, head of the Gendarmerie Nationale Air Forces. “Thanks to the global service solution provided by Airbus Helicopters, our fleet has reached 80% percent availability rate which allows us to ensure our missions 24/7 in the most challenging conditions”, he added.
“We are pleased that the Gendarmerie Nationale has renewed its trust in the EC145 and that our global service solution has been contributing, since the end of 2015, to the performance of the of highly valuable and critical missions performed by our customer’s EC145 fleet” said Alexandra Cros, head of Sales for France at Airbus Helicopters.
The EC145, a medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter, incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design, avionics and a sophisticated electrical system. The aircraft is a member of the H145 family, which today has logged more than 4.3 million flight hours with its fleet of around 1,250 aircraft worldwide.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023