The French Gendarmerie Nationale is replacing its trust in Airbus Helicopters’ EC145 with the purchase of an additional aircraft to be delivered in 2018. The aircraft will be delivered in the same configuration as the existing Gendarmerie fleet, with mission equipment notably including a hoist, search light, sling, and specific radios. Fourteen EC145s are currently being operated by the Gendarmerie Nationale for their critical law enforcement and public services missions.
“The EC145 is an important asset to the Gendarmerie Nationale” said Colonel Emmanuel Sillon, head of the Gendarmerie Nationale Air Forces. “Thanks to the global service solution provided by Airbus Helicopters, our fleet has reached 80% percent availability rate which allows us to ensure our missions 24/7 in the most challenging conditions”, he added.
“We are pleased that the Gendarmerie Nationale has renewed its trust in the EC145 and that our global service solution has been contributing, since the end of 2015, to the performance of the of highly valuable and critical missions performed by our customer’s EC145 fleet” said Alexandra Cros, head of Sales for France at Airbus Helicopters.
The EC145, a medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter, incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design, avionics and a sophisticated electrical system. The aircraft is a member of the H145 family, which today has logged more than 4.3 million flight hours with its fleet of around 1,250 aircraft worldwide.
- Russian lessor GTLK adds 31 helicopters to portfolio
- Medicine Hat Regional Hospital Waiting on Transport Canada
- Four Mi-8 Deliveries Across Russia
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Northrop Grumman-Built Fire Scouts Experience Pivotal Year
- CHC Announces New Contract with Centrica
- SENER and Babcock complete fifth AB212 upgrade for Spanish Navy
- First-of-its-kind training conducted by US Marine Corps on HMLA-773
- Australia retires last S-70B Seahawk
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance to introduce new operating model in 2018
- ENGIE and NHV win French Navy Dauphin MRO contract
- Wales Air Ambulance becomes 2 time Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence recipient
- Bell Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 technical analysis, engineering and integration services
- Ka-226T becomes the world first modular helicopter
- Russian Helicopters starts Mi-171E testing
- Honeywell Opens First Authorized Warranty and Repair Station
- Police Aviation News – December 2017 Edition
- Report forecasts 59% utilization of offshore helicopters 2017-2022
- UK CAA appoints new Chief Executive