The aircraft will be operated from North Weald airfield on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance and enters service as the charity celebrates 20 years of service.
The aircraft, with its distinctive new livery features the innovative SAS-designed medical interior and a nose-mounted Trakkabeam searchlight.
It was equipped and delivered into service in less than ten weeks by the SAS completions team at Gloucestershire Airport and will shortly be joined by a matching NVIS-capable MD902 Explorer which is also undergoing final completion work by SAS.
The two helicopters will replace the charity’s two older aircraft and will enable the charity to evaluate the possibility of a 24/7 service across the two counties in the future as Essex & Herts Air Ambulance develops its services further.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin