The aircraft will be operated from North Weald airfield on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance and enters service as the charity celebrates 20 years of service.
The aircraft, with its distinctive new livery features the innovative SAS-designed medical interior and a nose-mounted Trakkabeam searchlight.
It was equipped and delivered into service in less than ten weeks by the SAS completions team at Gloucestershire Airport and will shortly be joined by a matching NVIS-capable MD902 Explorer which is also undergoing final completion work by SAS.
The two helicopters will replace the charity’s two older aircraft and will enable the charity to evaluate the possibility of a 24/7 service across the two counties in the future as Essex & Herts Air Ambulance develops its services further.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner