The aircraft will be operated from North Weald airfield on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance and enters service as the charity celebrates 20 years of service.
The aircraft, with its distinctive new livery features the innovative SAS-designed medical interior and a nose-mounted Trakkabeam searchlight.
It was equipped and delivered into service in less than ten weeks by the SAS completions team at Gloucestershire Airport and will shortly be joined by a matching NVIS-capable MD902 Explorer which is also undergoing final completion work by SAS.
The two helicopters will replace the charity’s two older aircraft and will enable the charity to evaluate the possibility of a 24/7 service across the two counties in the future as Essex & Herts Air Ambulance develops its services further.
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’
- Kopter Group appoints VP of Business Development for US market
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- HFI Silent Auction Opens Today
- Production of T408 engine begins for CH-53K
- London Air Ambulance appoints new director
- Liebherr contracting for Airbus H160 heating valves
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo