The aircraft will be operated from North Weald airfield on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance and enters service as the charity celebrates 20 years of service.
The aircraft, with its distinctive new livery features the innovative SAS-designed medical interior and a nose-mounted Trakkabeam searchlight.
It was equipped and delivered into service in less than ten weeks by the SAS completions team at Gloucestershire Airport and will shortly be joined by a matching NVIS-capable MD902 Explorer which is also undergoing final completion work by SAS.
The two helicopters will replace the charity’s two older aircraft and will enable the charity to evaluate the possibility of a 24/7 service across the two counties in the future as Essex & Herts Air Ambulance develops its services further.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd