The aircraft will be operated from North Weald airfield on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance and enters service as the charity celebrates 20 years of service.
The aircraft, with its distinctive new livery features the innovative SAS-designed medical interior and a nose-mounted Trakkabeam searchlight.
It was equipped and delivered into service in less than ten weeks by the SAS completions team at Gloucestershire Airport and will shortly be joined by a matching NVIS-capable MD902 Explorer which is also undergoing final completion work by SAS.
The two helicopters will replace the charity’s two older aircraft and will enable the charity to evaluate the possibility of a 24/7 service across the two counties in the future as Essex & Herts Air Ambulance develops its services further.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services