Today, CHC Helicopter and Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, announced two winners have been selected to receive funding to attend the 2017 CHC Safety & Quality Summit.
The winning students were selected for the Peter Gardiner Grant and the Sikorsky Safety Scholarship, and will join delegates and professionals from around the world as they gather near Dallas, Texas this September to learn about how to advance safety in the aviation industry.
Students studying for careers in aviation were invited to submit applications with a 500-word essay related to the Summit theme for this year: “Can we truly manage all the risk? What if the barriers aren’t as robust as they seem?”
The Peter Gardiner Grant is named for Dr. Peter Gardiner of the Southern California Safety Institute, who played an instrumental role in shaping the CHC Safety & Quality Summit through his contributions as both a speaker and session leader in its early years. The grant is co-sponsored by both CHC and Dr. Scott Shappell of HFACS, Inc. The winner for this years’ Peter Gardiner Grant is Matt Lum, a current student at the British Columbia Institute of Technology.
Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, a partner and platinum-level sponsor of this event, created the first Sikorsky Safety Scholarship to help a second deserving student attend the event. The first ever winner of the award is Nikola Randjelovic, a recent graduate of Seneca College in Ontario, Canada.
The Peter Gardiner Grant and the Sikorsky Safety Scholarship will both provide for the students’ transport and hotel and their full entry as delegates to the Summit to attend sessions, see speakers and participate in all opportunities available, including attending a Human Factors course with Dr. Scott Shappell.
The 2017 CHC Safety and Quality Summit will take place Sept. 27-29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel & Convention Center. To learn more about the summit, including how to register, visit www.chcsafetyqualitysummit.com.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province