Today, CHC Helicopter and Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, announced two winners have been selected to receive funding to attend the 2017 CHC Safety & Quality Summit.
The winning students were selected for the Peter Gardiner Grant and the Sikorsky Safety Scholarship, and will join delegates and professionals from around the world as they gather near Dallas, Texas this September to learn about how to advance safety in the aviation industry.
Students studying for careers in aviation were invited to submit applications with a 500-word essay related to the Summit theme for this year: “Can we truly manage all the risk? What if the barriers aren’t as robust as they seem?”
The Peter Gardiner Grant is named for Dr. Peter Gardiner of the Southern California Safety Institute, who played an instrumental role in shaping the CHC Safety & Quality Summit through his contributions as both a speaker and session leader in its early years. The grant is co-sponsored by both CHC and Dr. Scott Shappell of HFACS, Inc. The winner for this years’ Peter Gardiner Grant is Matt Lum, a current student at the British Columbia Institute of Technology.
Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, a partner and platinum-level sponsor of this event, created the first Sikorsky Safety Scholarship to help a second deserving student attend the event. The first ever winner of the award is Nikola Randjelovic, a recent graduate of Seneca College in Ontario, Canada.
The Peter Gardiner Grant and the Sikorsky Safety Scholarship will both provide for the students’ transport and hotel and their full entry as delegates to the Summit to attend sessions, see speakers and participate in all opportunities available, including attending a Human Factors course with Dr. Scott Shappell.
The 2017 CHC Safety and Quality Summit will take place Sept. 27-29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel & Convention Center. To learn more about the summit, including how to register, visit www.chcsafetyqualitysummit.com.
- Bell 525 certification heads for spring 2019
- Vodafone plans safer skies with drone tracking technology
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Elbit outline solutions to be presented at Heli-Expo
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo display
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch
- Past Sikorsky COO joins Cirrus Aircraft as Product Development SVP
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction