Today, CHC Helicopter and Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, announced two winners have been selected to receive funding to attend the 2017 CHC Safety & Quality Summit.
The winning students were selected for the Peter Gardiner Grant and the Sikorsky Safety Scholarship, and will join delegates and professionals from around the world as they gather near Dallas, Texas this September to learn about how to advance safety in the aviation industry.
Students studying for careers in aviation were invited to submit applications with a 500-word essay related to the Summit theme for this year: “Can we truly manage all the risk? What if the barriers aren’t as robust as they seem?”
The Peter Gardiner Grant is named for Dr. Peter Gardiner of the Southern California Safety Institute, who played an instrumental role in shaping the CHC Safety & Quality Summit through his contributions as both a speaker and session leader in its early years. The grant is co-sponsored by both CHC and Dr. Scott Shappell of HFACS, Inc. The winner for this years’ Peter Gardiner Grant is Matt Lum, a current student at the British Columbia Institute of Technology.
Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, a partner and platinum-level sponsor of this event, created the first Sikorsky Safety Scholarship to help a second deserving student attend the event. The first ever winner of the award is Nikola Randjelovic, a recent graduate of Seneca College in Ontario, Canada.
The Peter Gardiner Grant and the Sikorsky Safety Scholarship will both provide for the students’ transport and hotel and their full entry as delegates to the Summit to attend sessions, see speakers and participate in all opportunities available, including attending a Human Factors course with Dr. Scott Shappell.
The 2017 CHC Safety and Quality Summit will take place Sept. 27-29 at the Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel & Convention Center. To learn more about the summit, including how to register, visit www.chcsafetyqualitysummit.com.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case