MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce a new agreement with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office, Cincinnati, Ohio, to upgrade its MD 500E helicopter to an FAA-certified MD 530F model helicopter. The E-model aircraft will be overhauled and re-certified as an F-model (Type Certificate 369FF) in just a period of a few weeks. The FAA-approved factory recertification takes place at MD Helicopters’ manufacturing facility & completions center in Mesa, Arizona.
“For more than a decade, our exclusive E-to-F conversion program has been an outstanding way for E-model operators to affordably upgrade the capability of their aircraft with minimal downtime,” said Nick Nenadovic, Vice President Aftermarket and Customer Support for MD Helicopters, Inc. “In just a few weeks, a proven E-model is converted into what is essentially a new, factory-built, FAA-certified F-model; returning to service stronger, faster and more capable of executing their missions than ever before.”
Current MD 500E-model operators who invest in the E-to-F conversion will see increased hot-and-high performance capability as well as improved operational range and flight time. These enhancements include:
- an engine upgrade from the Rolls Royce 250-C20B to the more powerful RR250-C30,
- replacement of the blades and stabilizers,
- installation of the Garmin G500H dual-screen electronic flight display,
- addition of a Fargo Auxiliary Fuel Tank.
The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit has operated their MD 500E since 1989. The Air Unit, staffed by two full-time pilots and two TFOs, also includes an MD 520N; a derivative of the proven 500-series airframe that features MDHI’s exclusive NOTAR® system for anti-torque and directional control.
“For almost 30 years the Aviation Unit has been an essential ‘eye-in-the-sky’ for our HCSO; providing support to ground patrol officers in the execution of pursuits, surveillance, and search and rescue missions,” said Sheriff Jim Neil, Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office. “This aircraft has flown nearly 10,000 hours in service of the citizens of Hamilton County and the surrounding region. We look forward to welcoming Air Unit 1 home later this summer as a greatly enhanced resource, and to continuing our legacy of providing exceptional public safety to our citizens.”
The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for providing primary airborne law enforcement support to the 800,000+ residents and 240 square miles of Hamilton County of Ohio, as well as the nine (9) surrounding counties in the Greater Cincinnati area.
“Widely recognized as the best commercial helicopter in its class,” Nenadovic concludes, “the MD 500 is perfect for our law enforcement operators. With this program, we are able to ensure long-time E-model operators like Hamilton County remain able to provide the over-watch services necessary to keep their communities safe.”
The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office will take delivery of their newly certified MD 530F later this summer.
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Composite Helicopters Awarded Patent for Monocoque Helicopter Fuselage With Integral Tail Boom
- Airbus presents latest innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show
- Donaldson IBFs approved for installation on H125
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Helisota and ASA signs cooperation agreement
- Waypoint Leases H135s to ALT
- New Executive Vice President of PRISM appointed
- HELP to fund new DIFFS at Manchester University Hospitals
- StandardAero Celebrates First Anniversary as GE T700 Authorized MRO Provider
- Japan Coast Guard orders one more H225
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper