Veritas Capital Fund Management LLC (“Veritas”) has entered into an agreement to acquire Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com). New York-based Veritas is a leading private equity firm, whose current portfolio includes StandardAero.
The acquisition is subject to customary conditions, including securing regulatory approvals, and is expected to close by the fourth quarter of 2017 or early 2018.
Airbus has spent the past year and a half reviewing its strategic alternatives relating to Vector as part of a broader business review, Vector having been part of Airbus since its acquisition in 2011. When considering the possibility of selling Vector, Airbus has always stated that this would have to be a ‘triple win’ to be pursued: a win for Airbus, for Vector, and for Vector’s customers.
After receiving and reviewing expressions of interest in Vector from numerous prospective financial and industrial buyers, Airbus decided to accept the offer from Veritas, which meets the ‘triple win’ criteria required for a sale to be undertaken. The Veritas purchase proposal, which includes all of Vector’s sites and divisions, offers development opportunities that are envisaged to bring growth to Vector.
While the team at Vector Aerospace has made every effort to continue providing customers with its usual level of responsive, high-quality service during the course of this strategic review, we appreciate that the rumors of a potential sale may have been a distraction for our customers, suppliers and partners, and we thank you for retaining your confidence in us.
Vector’s global team of 2,200 employees will remain focused on “Setting the Standard of Customer Service” as it enters this exciting next phase of our journey. The combination of Vector and StandardAero within the Veritas portfolio will offer clear opportunities to expand the breadth of service offerings available to Vector’s existing customer base, while retaining our traditional reputation for quality, responsive and value-for-money support.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and confidence through this process.
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Composite Helicopters Awarded Patent for Monocoque Helicopter Fuselage With Integral Tail Boom
- Airbus presents latest innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show
- Donaldson IBFs approved for installation on H125
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Helisota and ASA signs cooperation agreement
- Waypoint Leases H135s to ALT
- New Executive Vice President of PRISM appointed
- HELP to fund new DIFFS at Manchester University Hospitals
- StandardAero Celebrates First Anniversary as GE T700 Authorized MRO Provider
- Japan Coast Guard orders one more H225
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper