Veritas Capital Fund Management LLC (“Veritas”) has entered into an agreement to acquire Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com). New York-based Veritas is a leading private equity firm, whose current portfolio includes StandardAero.
The acquisition is subject to customary conditions, including securing regulatory approvals, and is expected to close by the fourth quarter of 2017 or early 2018.
Airbus has spent the past year and a half reviewing its strategic alternatives relating to Vector as part of a broader business review, Vector having been part of Airbus since its acquisition in 2011. When considering the possibility of selling Vector, Airbus has always stated that this would have to be a ‘triple win’ to be pursued: a win for Airbus, for Vector, and for Vector’s customers.
After receiving and reviewing expressions of interest in Vector from numerous prospective financial and industrial buyers, Airbus decided to accept the offer from Veritas, which meets the ‘triple win’ criteria required for a sale to be undertaken. The Veritas purchase proposal, which includes all of Vector’s sites and divisions, offers development opportunities that are envisaged to bring growth to Vector.
While the team at Vector Aerospace has made every effort to continue providing customers with its usual level of responsive, high-quality service during the course of this strategic review, we appreciate that the rumors of a potential sale may have been a distraction for our customers, suppliers and partners, and we thank you for retaining your confidence in us.
Vector’s global team of 2,200 employees will remain focused on “Setting the Standard of Customer Service” as it enters this exciting next phase of our journey. The combination of Vector and StandardAero within the Veritas portfolio will offer clear opportunities to expand the breadth of service offerings available to Vector’s existing customer base, while retaining our traditional reputation for quality, responsive and value-for-money support.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and confidence through this process.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services