Veritas Capital Fund Management LLC (“Veritas”) has entered into an agreement to acquire Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com). New York-based Veritas is a leading private equity firm, whose current portfolio includes StandardAero.
The acquisition is subject to customary conditions, including securing regulatory approvals, and is expected to close by the fourth quarter of 2017 or early 2018.
Airbus has spent the past year and a half reviewing its strategic alternatives relating to Vector as part of a broader business review, Vector having been part of Airbus since its acquisition in 2011. When considering the possibility of selling Vector, Airbus has always stated that this would have to be a ‘triple win’ to be pursued: a win for Airbus, for Vector, and for Vector’s customers.
After receiving and reviewing expressions of interest in Vector from numerous prospective financial and industrial buyers, Airbus decided to accept the offer from Veritas, which meets the ‘triple win’ criteria required for a sale to be undertaken. The Veritas purchase proposal, which includes all of Vector’s sites and divisions, offers development opportunities that are envisaged to bring growth to Vector.
While the team at Vector Aerospace has made every effort to continue providing customers with its usual level of responsive, high-quality service during the course of this strategic review, we appreciate that the rumors of a potential sale may have been a distraction for our customers, suppliers and partners, and we thank you for retaining your confidence in us.
Vector’s global team of 2,200 employees will remain focused on “Setting the Standard of Customer Service” as it enters this exciting next phase of our journey. The combination of Vector and StandardAero within the Veritas portfolio will offer clear opportunities to expand the breadth of service offerings available to Vector’s existing customer base, while retaining our traditional reputation for quality, responsive and value-for-money support.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and confidence through this process.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023