Veritas Capital Fund Management LLC (“Veritas”) has entered into an agreement to acquire Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com). New York-based Veritas is a leading private equity firm, whose current portfolio includes StandardAero.
The acquisition is subject to customary conditions, including securing regulatory approvals, and is expected to close by the fourth quarter of 2017 or early 2018.
Airbus has spent the past year and a half reviewing its strategic alternatives relating to Vector as part of a broader business review, Vector having been part of Airbus since its acquisition in 2011. When considering the possibility of selling Vector, Airbus has always stated that this would have to be a ‘triple win’ to be pursued: a win for Airbus, for Vector, and for Vector’s customers.
After receiving and reviewing expressions of interest in Vector from numerous prospective financial and industrial buyers, Airbus decided to accept the offer from Veritas, which meets the ‘triple win’ criteria required for a sale to be undertaken. The Veritas purchase proposal, which includes all of Vector’s sites and divisions, offers development opportunities that are envisaged to bring growth to Vector.
While the team at Vector Aerospace has made every effort to continue providing customers with its usual level of responsive, high-quality service during the course of this strategic review, we appreciate that the rumors of a potential sale may have been a distraction for our customers, suppliers and partners, and we thank you for retaining your confidence in us.
Vector’s global team of 2,200 employees will remain focused on “Setting the Standard of Customer Service” as it enters this exciting next phase of our journey. The combination of Vector and StandardAero within the Veritas portfolio will offer clear opportunities to expand the breadth of service offerings available to Vector’s existing customer base, while retaining our traditional reputation for quality, responsive and value-for-money support.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and confidence through this process.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad