On July 1, 2017, Airlift’s contract period starts with the Norwegian
Coastal Administration (Kystverket). For six years, Airlift will ship Norwegian
maritime pilots to Large Class Vessels and ships carrying dangerous goods.
The contract itself is valued at approximately a hundred million NOK a year.
– July 1, 2017 is one big day and one milestone in our history. This is
an important contract for us, says managing director of Airlift, Stian Hårklau .
Three brand new Leonardo AW169 helicopters have been delivered from Italy
to Førde Lufthamn in Norway. They are equipped with new technology, including
a boosted radar and navigation system.
– We are the first company in Norway to use this type of helicopter. The
Norwegian coast is very demanding, and we must be able to fly in challenging
conditions, explains Hårklau.
For Airlift, this is the largest contract in the history of the company.
With newly established bases in Bergen and Hammerfest, Airlift says that
it is well equipped to get started with the mission. The contract is important
in several ways.
– Transporting maritime pilots and safely lowering them to large ships in
open waters has some similarities to other offshore operations. Together
with our owners, and as part of the NHV group, Airlift sees the contract
as one of the foundations in the quest for more assignments in the Norwegian
offshore market, says Hårklau.
The Norwegian Coast Administration was very early to employ helicopters
in its maritime pilot program when it signed its initial contract with the
Norwegian company Lufttransport in 2001. The service was started with Agusta
109E helicopters, but they were later replaced by AS365N3s.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad