On July 1, 2017, Airlift’s contract period starts with the Norwegian
Coastal Administration (Kystverket). For six years, Airlift will ship Norwegian
maritime pilots to Large Class Vessels and ships carrying dangerous goods.
The contract itself is valued at approximately a hundred million NOK a year.
– July 1, 2017 is one big day and one milestone in our history. This is
an important contract for us, says managing director of Airlift, Stian Hårklau .
Three brand new Leonardo AW169 helicopters have been delivered from Italy
to Førde Lufthamn in Norway. They are equipped with new technology, including
a boosted radar and navigation system.
– We are the first company in Norway to use this type of helicopter. The
Norwegian coast is very demanding, and we must be able to fly in challenging
conditions, explains Hårklau.
For Airlift, this is the largest contract in the history of the company.
With newly established bases in Bergen and Hammerfest, Airlift says that
it is well equipped to get started with the mission. The contract is important
in several ways.
– Transporting maritime pilots and safely lowering them to large ships in
open waters has some similarities to other offshore operations. Together
with our owners, and as part of the NHV group, Airlift sees the contract
as one of the foundations in the quest for more assignments in the Norwegian
offshore market, says Hårklau.
The Norwegian Coast Administration was very early to employ helicopters
in its maritime pilot program when it signed its initial contract with the
Norwegian company Lufttransport in 2001. The service was started with Agusta
109E helicopters, but they were later replaced by AS365N3s.
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering