Shadin Avionics recently announced that the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has approved the Shadin Avionics Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) for the Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management System. The certification covers the installation of a RemoteFlo Fuel Flow System on the Robinson R66 helicopter and Rolls-Royce RR300 engine. The RemoteFlo offers R66 pilots access to real-time fuel flow management information directly on their GPS or Flight Management System. In addition to Fuel Flow, information available to the pilot includes Specific Range (including graphical range rings), Fuel to Destination, Fuel Reserve, Endurance, Fuel Flow, Fuel Used and Fuel Remaining.
“Receiving the approval from EASA is an important milestone. R66 operators in Europe have not been able to take advantage of the benefit this system provides until now,” stated Brad Jacobson, Certifications and Field Service Manager at Shadin Avionics.
The RemoteFlo is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever-present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-100 Memory, AIS-360 Digital, AIS-370 Ethernet, AIS-380 Analog, AIS-450 Synchro, AIS-460 Military 1553, AIS-800 Engine and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved