Shadin Avionics recently announced that the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has approved the Shadin Avionics Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) for the Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management System. The certification covers the installation of a RemoteFlo Fuel Flow System on the Robinson R66 helicopter and Rolls-Royce RR300 engine. The RemoteFlo offers R66 pilots access to real-time fuel flow management information directly on their GPS or Flight Management System. In addition to Fuel Flow, information available to the pilot includes Specific Range (including graphical range rings), Fuel to Destination, Fuel Reserve, Endurance, Fuel Flow, Fuel Used and Fuel Remaining.
“Receiving the approval from EASA is an important milestone. R66 operators in Europe have not been able to take advantage of the benefit this system provides until now,” stated Brad Jacobson, Certifications and Field Service Manager at Shadin Avionics.
The RemoteFlo is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever-present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-100 Memory, AIS-360 Digital, AIS-370 Ethernet, AIS-380 Analog, AIS-450 Synchro, AIS-460 Military 1553, AIS-800 Engine and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
- IBAC Welcomes the African Business Aviation Association
- Evolux partners with IEX Helicopters in Southern California
- Garmin delivers one-millionth certified avionics product
- CoxHealth adds second MD Explorer
- EFW awarded $8M contract for V-22 integrated avionics processors
- UTair Helicopter Services launches electronic flight bags
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services