Shadin Avionics recently announced that the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has approved the Shadin Avionics Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) for the Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management System. The certification covers the installation of a RemoteFlo Fuel Flow System on the Robinson R66 helicopter and Rolls-Royce RR300 engine. The RemoteFlo offers R66 pilots access to real-time fuel flow management information directly on their GPS or Flight Management System. In addition to Fuel Flow, information available to the pilot includes Specific Range (including graphical range rings), Fuel to Destination, Fuel Reserve, Endurance, Fuel Flow, Fuel Used and Fuel Remaining.
“Receiving the approval from EASA is an important milestone. R66 operators in Europe have not been able to take advantage of the benefit this system provides until now,” stated Brad Jacobson, Certifications and Field Service Manager at Shadin Avionics.
The RemoteFlo is part of Shadin’s family of FAA certified AIS data converters, designed to quickly respond to an ever-present demand for unique flight worthy data conversion applications on aircraft. The family includes the AIS-100 Memory, AIS-360 Digital, AIS-370 Ethernet, AIS-380 Analog, AIS-450 Synchro, AIS-460 Military 1553, AIS-800 Engine and the iPad AIM. Visit www.shadin.com for more information on the complete line of AIS data converters.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad