This new identity is a natural step in the Group’s history, aimed at supporting our ambitions to guarantee our exposure and credibility in international markets.
Naval Group CEO Hervé Guillou said: “The creation of a strong, unifying brand, that embodies both our heritage and our expertise will enable us to meet two major objectives: continue to attract and retain the best and brightest talent for our workforce to ensure we have the critical skills required to maintain our clients’ sovereignty, and increase our international reach and win new markets in an extremely competitive landscape”.
Why change and why now?
In a world of profound changes, with the acceleration of innovation cycles and a growing competitive landscape in the military market, it is necessary for our group to assert its identity through the creation of a powerful brand.
This is the right time, after the success achieved in 2016 with our selection by Australia as its preferred international partner for the design and build of 12 future submarines, and the creation of our subsidiary in marine renewable energy.
It only seemed natural to take advantage of the unprecedented level of visibility we achieved as a result of this to further raise our profile.
Why this name?
Naval Group clarifies both who we are and as well as our mission: help safeguard the sovereign interests of our customers at sea and make the most of our naval skills to support their energy transition.
As a global leader in naval defence and marine renewable energy, we are working every day to safeguard security interests by delivering state-of-the-art value and performance to our customers.
We are also paving the way towards a cleaner, greener energy for the society of tomorrow and are committed to building a more stable and sustainable world.
Naval Group also pays tribute to the pride and concern for excellence of our teams all over the world, uniting them around a same mission.
Claire Allanche, Naval Group Communications Director, said: “Simple, international and comprehensible in all languages, our new name focuses on the fundamentals of our identity: the heritage of 400 years of experience-, established in the 17th century and passed down from generation to generation allowing France to become and remain a great naval power, today exporting its know-how to support the sovereign interests of its international partners at sea”.
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone