The Norwegian Police Directorate has chosen Leonardo Helicopters as the supplier of the country’s new police helicopters. The AW169 has been selected for the role, and it will contribute to the modernization of today’s helicopter operations.
The Police Directorate state that it is pleased with the new agreement. With a new central air station at Taraldrud, the new helicopters will improve the readiness for terror and other serious crimes.
The new helicopter can carry 6 people in addition to the crew and it has a significantly greater range compared to today’s police helicopter. It can also be operated from other bases for shorter periods of time.
The contract initially involves the purchase of three AW169s, with an option for another three of the same type. The investment cost is about NOK 313 million for the helicopters themselves. The entire contract, which relates to purchase, operation and maintenance over 10 years, is worth more than NOK 670 million in total.
The contract with the supplier is scheduled to be signed in August. Prior to signing, the Police Directorate will not provide further comments.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad