The Norwegian Police Directorate has chosen Leonardo Helicopters as the supplier of the country’s new police helicopters. The AW169 has been selected for the role, and it will contribute to the modernization of today’s helicopter operations.
The Police Directorate state that it is pleased with the new agreement. With a new central air station at Taraldrud, the new helicopters will improve the readiness for terror and other serious crimes.
The new helicopter can carry 6 people in addition to the crew and it has a significantly greater range compared to today’s police helicopter. It can also be operated from other bases for shorter periods of time.
The contract initially involves the purchase of three AW169s, with an option for another three of the same type. The investment cost is about NOK 313 million for the helicopters themselves. The entire contract, which relates to purchase, operation and maintenance over 10 years, is worth more than NOK 670 million in total.
The contract with the supplier is scheduled to be signed in August. Prior to signing, the Police Directorate will not provide further comments.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province